Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ozarks and tree frogs

As I sit here reading my favorite blogs, I am reminded that I'm in the Ozarks as I listen to the tree frogs (they're really vocal here).  We had thunderstorms and rain here this afternoon, so it's cool and damp tonight.  Very peaceful, now that the fireworks explosions are finished out at Celebration City.  It's amazing how the sound of the fireworks just echoes off all the mountains around here.

I'm missing my girls tonight.  Probably because I know that they are together this weekend at LaNae's and all their kids (my grandkids) are having a grand time playing together. Thankful that Pook is well and able to be there.  Thankful that Lydia is old enough to really want to talk to me on the phone, even though I miss her being Pook's age.

Cami came over tonight to visit.  She, Mike and family(one girl, four boys) lived across the street from us in this park last summer.  Mike played the piano/keyboard for us and led singing.  It was great to see her and get caught up on everything that's going on in their lives.

Tammy, love your blog and your picture-a-day album.

Liz Girten, now it's May 26th, early, early hours, but I did remember that yesterday was your birthday.  Hope it was a happy one.  You should try and get over here to Branson this summer... yes, you should.

If I'm going to go where God goes tomorrow, I should get some sleep tonight.  Goodnight.

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

We are so sorry to hear about Don's health problems. Jack said to tell Don he really sympathizes with him as Jack had shingles about a year ago. They are not a good thing to have. The faster you get medicine the better you feel. Keep us posted.