Sunday, May 4, 2008

Norman, OK - Sunday

Thanks so much to those who have sent well wishes and especially for the prayers. We love you all.

Quick update:

Don's mother is home. They observed her for a while and the sent her home. She was having dizzy spells, but seems to be ok now. She did take a tumble last night, but her sister and brother-in-law were able to get he up. I do declare that woman as the strongest bones... she's forever falling.

My brother is not to perky. We're just waiting to hear what his doctor has to say tomorrow.

I can breathe... right now. LOL. And I slept pretty good last night propped up on pillows. Only had to get up once to keep from drowning. Voice is still squeaky, but better, but don't call me on the phone... that will scare you. LOL. It's good for a lot of sympathy, though.

LaNae & Mike have called twice to talk to the kids. The wedding was beautiful and they are enjoying their stay in the bride's family's country cabin.... 3 story cabin and they have the whole thing to themselves, fully stocked with groceries. They can see, from their balcony, the snow-covered mountains 70 miles away. Breathtakng. Remember, they are in Slovakia. The groom wanted Mike to wear his AF dress blues, so he complied.... he was a celebrity. He felt bad because he said this was the bride and groom's night and "for Pete's sake," he didn't want to distract from them. Lordy, he does make a strikin' figure in his blues... and that tall handsome woman at his side (my daughter)... well, all I can say is, that's what they get for inviting them. LOL

I took some really cute pictures of the kids yesterday, but can't transfer them onto LaNae's computer and I haven't felt like going back to the 5'er to do that.

Just want you to know that this six year old grandson is a handful. A couple of times when I've had to get on to him and give him "that look," I've almost lost it. It's a certain way he looks at me with his eyebrows up and then all of a certain this big grin appears on his face, and he catches me off guard because I'm thinking he's going to start pouting or something like that because I've corrected him or interupted his plans... he's funny.

Lydia is doing better with the missing mom & dad thing. God has answered that prayer. She still sleeps with two T-shirts on... one is mom's and the other is dad's. I'd be soooo hot.

OK, love to all. I love you special, Jonny. Take care of yourself. Our mama is doing better than both of us. That's pretty pitiful, ain't it?

No comments: