Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 20, 1949 - 8:00 PM

Thank you, Mama, for giving birth do me.  Thank you, Lord, for allowing Mama to have a very healthy, though bald-headed, baby girl.  Thank you, Lord, for giving me the mama and daddy you gave me.  Thank you, Lord, for walking with me all my life and for carrying me most of the way.  Thank you for all the blessings you have given me: the two beautiful daughters you blessed me with; the two fantastic son-in-laws you blessed me with; the four wonderful, healthy grandchildren you have blessed me with; the amazing husband you brought into my life who sang "This is the Day, This is the Day, The Day LaVon was Born, The Day LaVon was Born...." to me this morning; the beautiful step-daughter, her husband and their five beautiful children that came in the package with my wonderful husband; and the list goes on to included my extended family and friends; all the good times and all the tough times which grew me in faith and fellowship with my Lord Jesus Christ.

You guessed it.  IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Don took me out to breakfast this morning where I had delicious strawberry crepes.  I can't believe I left my camera behind and did not get a picture.  I can hear several girls really giving me a hard time.

My phone has rung all morning with birthday wishes from friends and family.  My email box was full of happy birthday wishes and they're still coming.

We're meeting Stephanie and family for dinner in a while so I thought I would post now because it may be late when we get in and I wanted to share my happiness with you all and "Thank You" for all the sweet emails and calls.

I did take a few more pictures inside the new 5'er when we got home, however.  Little things like a light under every cabinet. Check it out! 100_6332 The central vacuum.100_6334  Surround sound.

100_6335 100_6336 100_6337 100_6338

  The picture Don bought today for our new home.  100_6339 The plaque over the window in the dining area.  100_6340The pretty framed tile trivets we found yesterday at Gordman's.  100_6342The ivy Leslie gave me when we were in Waco in April.  It's still alive! 100_6345The wonderful deep, double sink in the galley. 100_6346 The Moen fixtures, not that I'm a name-dropper, but I do appreciate them very much.100_6352  The microwave/convection oven that Don is so excited about and can't wait to see Pat Tomme in Branson so she can teach him how to cook a meal in it. 100_6350I almost forgot about the cute table we found on sale at Hobby Lobby, that just fits in Don's happy place for his glass of water and remote-controls.  There's room for a couple of Bibles and books, also. 100_6354 100_6353

>>Check out this video.  It's so cool.<<  Thanks to Donna Hughlett  for sending it to me.

OK.. got to get ready for dinner.  Happy Birthday to me!  (at 8:00 tonight)   

5 comments:

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
I LOVE THE PICS OF YOUR 5TH WHEEL! VERY CLASSEY. MY DAUGHTERINLAWS BIRTHDAY IS TO DAY ALSO. I TOLD HER SHE WAS IN GOOD COMPANY!
MISS YOU GUYS.

Snookie said...

Oh LaVon, I didn't know! I truly hope your day is wonderful! Happy Birthday my forever friend!

Snookie & Bob

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday.....You are so Blessed and are a Blessing to all who met you.......We Love you!
Darrell & Barbara.......And wow ...you too know how to spend all that money the government sent you......

Mrs. Monty said...

Happy Birthday a day late!! Didn't know it was your birthday. You sure have a classy new home. Love all the pictures. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

This is Wed and I just read your blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late. How was dinner. You have been a blessing to us and we love you very much.