Sunday, May 11, 2008

Norman, Sunday, Mother's Day

It's a little late, but to all the mothers who read this:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

and here's a bouquet of roses for you.... I sure do miss my computer, live writer and Kodak station.
We sure had awful weather here in Oklahoma yesterday, but it was all east of us. We're ok, but remember those who have lost homes and family members in your prayers. So devastating.
We all went to church this morning with Mama Trudy. It was a beautiful, sunny day I must say that Blaine was so good the whole hour+. When the preacher first started preaching, he just HAD to go to the bathroom, but I didn't know where it was and didn't want to be disruptive in this small congregation, so I said "no, you'll have to wait." Before I knew it, his head was in my lap and he was asleep. By the time we got home he had completely forgotten about going to the restroom, until I reminded him. He looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about and then he remembered, so he went to the bathroom. Gotta love him. I'm very proud of him... tonight, he said his prayers with a little help from Nonna, but he was very into it and I could almost feel our Father hugging us both. It was a precious moment and I never want to forget it. He went to bed before Lydia and was asleep before she went to bed. Lydia is such a big girl and says her prayers every night without prompting. You should hear her praying for her mom and dad to have a great time together and thanking God for Nonnie & Papa Don staying with her and Blaine. And the bedtime hugs, kisses and "I love you's" are the best.
Don prepared lunch for Mama Trudy and I.... delicious pork roast with pineapple, onions, potatoes, carrots and cabbage in the crock pot; green beans; fresh salad; and wheat rolls; with angel food cake, strawberries & cool whip for dessert. Lydia and Blaine really enjoyed it as well.
This afternoon, we played darts with the garage door open while the kids rode their bikes. Don won one and I won one. And the kids played on the trampolene while we watched. The day passed quickly and before we knew it... dinner time.
I loved the phone calls I got from LaNae & Leslie, text message from neice, Tammy and Don's Stephanie called him so our day was complete.
LaNae & Mike are in Vels (pronounced Wells), Austria. Leslie was excited about the new job offer Khalil's bosses have presented him with. Stephanie's boys are winding down their baseball season. Hopefully, we will get to see Logan play in his last t-ball game Thursday night.
The next three days will be really busy, getting ready to leave Norman. If I don't get a chance to post to my blog, don't worry... I will as soon as I get time.
Until next time... blessings to all.

1 comment:

Mrs. Monty said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. Pray you all have safe travels over the next week.