Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pink flamingos

Don had a day full of meetings starting this morning.  When he got home this afternoon, he came in the house with his hands behind his back and a "guess what I have" look on his face.  He then presented me with these that he acquired from a gentleman at the men's prayer lunch that he had just attended.  Thank you, Hon.100_6398

While Don was away, I did laundry and read more Dead Heat.  It's getting really hard to put down.  But I finally did put it down to go over to Lucy & Jimmy's to settle the discussion about "are birds pregnant?" Hello Google. My vote was "no" and I think my research supported that.

Dennis and Sally came over around 5:00 this evening for coffee, delicious cake Sally made, Spades (championship trophy goes to the GIRLS) and prayer.  They also came bearing these gifts for my birthday or just because I love flamingos.  Meet PRUDENCE and notice her adorable flip-flops.100_6394  And the other flamingo items in the sack. The shells are from their visit to South Padre Island while WE were freezing in Arizona City.100_6396 Now... I don't know what this is used for, but it's a pink flamingo, nonetheless, and Dennis felt sure that I needed it. Notice it has a "trigger that moves it's mouth when squeezed.                          100_6399  100_6400 100_6402 These are all added to the pink flamingo tablecloth weights Don got me for my birthday. Aren't they cute? Kathy Weyers is soooooo jealous. 100_6397 I showed Prudence the birthday card Logan picked out for me.  She liked it.  [I'm scaring you, aren't I?]100_6408 100_6407  Can you believe, it snowed today in Williams, Arizona, where Snookie and Bob are?!!!!

No comments: