Saturday, May 3, 2008

Norman, Saturday

I've lost count of how many days we've been here. The first day we started staying with the kids, I got sick. With the wind blowing so much and it being spring and all that comes with the new growth, I think I'm having an allergic reaction. And I feel miserable. Head is flooding, throat is raw and hurting, coughing, and have lost my voice. Try communicating with a six year old boy with a squeaky whisper of a voice. It's rather amusing to him and rightfully so. The kids are being really good, however, and understanding of the way I feel. I'd much rather be playing with them, but every time I go outside, it just makes me worse.

Thank the Lord, Don is doing ok.

Joyce Cooley and her mother got into Norman about 2:00 p.m. yesterday. Don helped her get parked in the site next to us. Unfortunately, I soon had to leave to pick up Lydia and Blaine from school and didn't get to visit with her much. Don visited with her for about two hours. Later, when Don got here, Joyce called to tell us that she just noticed that the cover to her vent in her bedroom, was broken and she couldn't get the vent closed. Thankfully, it did not rain last night and Don called a friend and they got her vent fixed this morning and she's now on her way to Kansas.

While he was doing that, he got a call from Aunt Lois that his mother had been taken by ambulance to the hosptial in Pauls Valley. So that's where he is now and I'm waiting to hear from him.
Mother talked to my brother and sister-in-law and my brother has also had an ambulance ride to the ER Thursday morning early. The doctors seem to think that prostrate surgery is in his future, but we will know more Monday after his appointment. We regret that he had to go to the hospital, but we are really thankful that he got home to the States from Guam before this happened.

As you can tell, we are in need of prayer here. Thank you for praying with us and for us as we continue to "count it all joy."


4 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems with your family. We will definitely keep you all in our prayers. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

I know how the allergy thing is. Hope you feel better soon. We will keep all your loved ones in our prayers.

Barbara said...

You and Don are always in our prayers. Will add your other family. Take care of yourself.....maybe the wind will die down and everyone will get to feeling better.

ttprincess1226 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon and all your relatives are on the mend quickly. You're in our thoughts and prayers.