Wednesday, May 28, 2008

fun day with Lucy

Lucy came over this morning to pray for Don.  Wow! What a prayer!

Then she wanted us to go get our toes done.... you know, a pedicure. :-)  Lucy's so much fun!  I haven't had a professional pedicure since last summer... with Lucy.  (This won't work Lucy.... just ask Rick Fury.)100_6468  Lan (pronounced Lane) was my pedicurist. Awwwww.  This is the best.100_6469 Lucy getting her toe nails shortened.100_6470 What is she looking at??100_6471 Lan gave me pretty toes.100_6472 After our pedicure we walked around the Branson Mall and Wal-Mart and then we went over to the Grand Palace Mall to eat lunch at the Hard Luck Diner. 100_6474 The flowers in the mall were so vivid and beautiful. 100_6473While waiting for a seat, I noticed this bulletin board with all of the American Idol pictures of Jason Yeager.100_6475 Our hostess, whose audition is tomorrow, easily took the cue to pose for a pic.100_6476 And then she wanted me to take her picture with Lucy because Lucy was laughing and just fun like that.100_6477 As the hostess seated us, she said, "Jason, will be your waiter and he'll be right with you."  "Jason?  Jason Yeager?"  "Yes'mam."  I got my picture taken with Jason Yeager, who performed on American Idol, is best friends with David Cook and shook hands with Simon Cowel.100_6478 What a sweetheart!  Lucy had to get on the phone to her daughter, Charla, to tell her who our waiter was.100_6479 Of course, we asked him all kinds of questions. 100_6480 Jason was from Grand Prairie, Texas (and Branson, MO) and had his son with him.  I remember the little boy booing Simon Cowel when Simon said something negative about Jason, his dad. " Remember, he sang "Moon River" on AI. Well, when it was his turn to take the mike today and walk around the diner, we were blown away by his rendition of "Mary, Did You Know?"  Beautiful.  Jason said he makes more money singing at the Hard Luck Diner and selling his CD's than he made on stage last year here at Branson.  Lucy & I will take Don and Jimmy back to the Hard Luck Diner and we'll get an autographed CD next time.  You can't work at the HLD if you can't sing, and....100_6481 wait tables.  Each waiter/singer gets a turn at the mike.100_6482 This singer had a lot of fun.100_6484  This waitress sang a lovely Broadway tune.100_6485  Thanks, Lucy!! That was so fun!  Wish you could have been with us, Snookie!  I thought about you.

Well, the fun with Lucy continued.  We walked through the shops in the mall and I took lots of pictures in the shopping center.100_6486 The Christmas store was awesome.100_6487 We loved these "senior" dolls... so cute.100_6520 Speaking of cute.... remember Edith Ann??? Well, she's baaaack. 100_6507 And that's the truth. 100_6508 Two nice ladies walked by and shy Lucy asked them to take our picture. I was scared of this huge rocking chair. 100_6509 We started something.  Wish we had had them take our picture from THIS angle.100_6510  Now, if I were a bird, I think I'd try to find somewhere else to build a nest... scary.100_6489 I don't know the name of this shop, but there were some nice, girly things in here.100_6492 100_6493 Like this wreath made out of cotton bolls.  Just for the record, cotton is not this pristine white out in the field on the cotton stalk.100_6495 And this adorable mini tea set.100_6504 Or this clock100_6505 Love this coat hanger.100_6503 Now this is nest isn't so scary looking.100_6496 Outside, the flowers were so pretty. Somebody please tell me what this beautiful plant and flower is.100_6511 100_6512 I've always loved zinnias, but these are the healthiest I've ever seen.100_6514 100_6521 What a fun afternoon we had!! We laughed so much.  BTW, Lucy's real name is Pam.  Hmmmm.  Wonder how she got the nickname of Lucy????

3 comments:

Snookie said...

Those flowers you were asking about are Clamatis. I had them covering my picket fence on the street side of our house. The people who bought our house RIPPED THEM OUT before they even had a chance to see them bloom and see how beautiful they were. Of course when our neighbors bloomed they thought they were just great. They were sick when my neighbor told them that it was the same thing they ripped out! Good!

ttprincess1226 said...

Hi LaVon,

That beautiful flower is a Clemitis. There are lots of different colors and varieties of them. They are all gorgeous!

Mrs. Monty said...

You did a wonderful job taking these pictures. They are just beautiful. That flower is a Clamitis and I have one beside our patio and love it.