Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Remember little Anna from a few Sunday's ago? We accepted invitations from her grandparents, Margie & John, today. Sharon, JoAnne and I went over to Margie Cartwright's for coffee or tea, cinnamon coffee cake and prayer, this morning. Thank you, Margie, for having us over. We enjoyed seeing your home and we certainly enjoyed the fellowship. Sharon especially wanted to learn more about the orphanage in Mexico that you visit each month. It was nice to see Cheryl again, too. Our time together was very encouraging to me, too. So many wonderful people, too little time.
John Cartwright invited Don and I for lunch today. John surprised Don with all the fried catfish & hush puppies he could eat. Don has been looking for a good fried catfish meal since we got to Arizona, but finally gave up after being disappointed several times. Now, John grew up in Georgia and they know how to fry catfish! Yummmm-eeeeeeee! And the best hush puppies we've ever eaten. Also, must give equal time to Margie's delicious cabbage salad. She even gave us the salad dressing recipe. Can you tell that Don and I enjoyed the meal very much. Don finally got his fried catfish itch scratched.

Can you believe it? I left my camera at home. Margie loaned me hers and she's going to email me the pictures I took today at their house. So check back later and hopefully there will be pics.

Aunt Nella called this afternoon. She took Mom to the doctor this morning. Report: Mom's doing good, blood pressure is good, blood oxygen level is good. It's just going to take her some time to get her energy back and start feeling good again. Aunt Nella is taking really good care of her and I am incredibly grateful that she is there.

Don and I took a stroll around the park this afternoon. Wouldn't you know it, I found some more scavenger hunt items, but it's too late now. Love walking around and stopping to chat with others who are out.

Brother, Jon, is alright, I think. We are still waiting to hear that he's arrived back in Guam.

No comments: