Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Amen





Quote from nitty gritty: "I have had several inquiries about the first song on my playlist here at my blog. It's titled "Amazing Grace (My chains are gone)" and it's by music artist Chris Tomlin. You can see a video of the song by following the link here.
I have loved it since the first time I heard it. The music and melody just speak to my heart each and everytime it plays. I have been brought to tears by this song more than once. And if you know me well at all, you know I'm not typically a 'crier'.

Today when I loaded the girls into the van to go pick Brock up from school, I grabbed a couple of fresh baked chocolate chip/m&m cookies and wrapped them in a napkin so that he would have warm cookies for the short ride home, rather than having to wait until we got inside the house. It was a small gesture, but one that was met with much gratitude and surprise. It garnered a "You're the best mom ever...I love you!" and to me that's what grace is to me.

It is something so undeserved, so thoughtful and incredible and ...."

I have never met Jody Ferlaak, but I am becoming such a fan. That sounds like she's a performing celeb, but she's not. She just a wife and mom who has been through much heartache and has learned how to "count it all joy." For inspiration, read her blog posting for today, Music and Warm Cookies.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

can we have a link to "music and warm cookies"? would LOVE to visit!