Thursday, March 20, 2008

favorite tv shows and March Madness

I am thoroughly enjoying "Don't Forget Those Lyrics!" Having fun watching the contestants guess the lyrics while I Google the lyrics. My favorite show is still the one with the guy who reminded me of my nephew, Timmy. He was soooo good, a really good singer.


We had a good time sightseeing with Bob & Barb today. Went to the Casa Grande Ruins. Don and I have been there back in November, but we didn't get the guided tour. Our guide was really good and we learned a lot of history. Do you know the difference between a National Park and a National Monument? A National Park becomes such by an act of Congress. A National Monument is declared such by the President of the United States. The latter takes much less time. The star for today was this Great Horned owl whose mate is currently setting on their nest. The male Great Horned is perched high up near the ceiling.

The Park is attempting to help keep the eggs from rolling out of the nest that they have built inside the Big House long enough for them to hatch and then they will move the nest and baby owls to this nest in hopes that they will nest there from now on. The new "nest" a square mesh box up near the ceiling just to the right of the support pole. This pair of love birds, mourning doves, seem to be unhappy with each other.... ....this pair does not. This little guy didn't know whether to run or wait for me to feed him. I saw this tree and couldn't resist snapping... SNOOKIE, isn't it beautiful? Driving back through Coolidge, Bob made the block back to this corner so I wouldn't miss this photo opp. Yep, it's March Madness. And speaking of madness, Belmont almost beat Duke this afternoon. Where's Belmont? Nashville, Tennessee! Vince Gill in the stands cheering for Belmont was my first clue, then I Googled it to make sure I was correct.

Awe, the desert is finally beginning it's "concert of color."

Besides installing more memory in our computer the other day, today Bob Reusch hooked up our DVD player. This had proved to be a challenge to us because we now have DirecTV and just were not sure what wires went where. Thanks Bob! We appreciate you very much.


And while I'm passing out "Thank you's," here's a big one to Dave Sutton for taking our propane tank to be filled today. We are in a community of the biggest hearted folks.


You are not going to believe what is going to happen here Saturday, and I've been sworn to secrecy until at least Sunday morning. That's mean, isn't it? Sorry I can't tell you what the main topic of conversation will be at our block party Saturday afternoon.

You have to watch this video... it is so cute.
Enjoy... make sure to turn up the sound...

After watching it once, it should be completely loaded, so watch it again and you will be able to see it all without it stopping.

http://www.koreus.com/video/chien-danseur.html

No comments: