Saturday, March 29, 2008

Going, going, gone...

It's only 2:30 p.m. and already three rigs have pulled out around us. BEFORE the sun came up next door neighbors DeeDee & Danny were getting ready to pull out.100_4796They had everything packed and hooked up last night, so there wasn't much to do before they were ready to go and waving goodbye. 100_4797 Did you notice the sun isn't up yet, but I am and taking pictures. On my way to the laundry room I notice that Don Walrath is out getting his 5th wheel packed up to leave. 100_4801I was in the laundry room when I heard a horn honk. It was Don and Billie driving out of the park. I was so upset that I didn't get to tell them goodbye. Look out St. George, Utah... The Peacock of the Park is headed your way!

While I was doing laundry, Don was over at Linda & Ray Poyer's getting a haircut. And then it was my turn for a trim. Linda does a great job and the price is better than right.

Next comes the departure that we've been dreading... Darlene and Dave. 100_4808 We've spent so much fun time with them and gotten so close to them, it's very hard to say 'goodbye.' I miss this little whisp of a woman already.100_4829 Aren't they cute? 100_4832Snookie and I were both blubbering. 100_4830 100_4820 A lot of folks from this park are going to Florida next summer, but not us, so I feel like this goodbye is so final. They promised they would think about coming to Texas sometime in the future. I sure hope so. Don't ask Snookie where her hand is!100_4833"Now, if these girls will just stop taking pictures and hugging each other goodbye, we can get going." Dave is such a patient, good sport and a better friend you will not find anywhere.100_4837 Snookie wanted to get in one last "I dare you to hit me" just for old times sake.100_4838And they are going,100_4839 going, 100_4840 GONE. (sniff)100_4842First stop, Benson, Arizona for a few days.

While we were all standing outside, this dust devil made an appearance.100_4821

I'm going to check my emails now. I know I will have one from the Suttons.

No comments: