Friday, March 28, 2008

Back "home"

Thank God for a wonderful night's rest.  This morning there is a breakfast in the Carnaval Room for all the workampers and volunteers.

As we walked over, we passed Don Walrath.  I tried to100_4787 sneak up and scare him, but he turned around just before I got to him.  Nice stool, huh?

The breakfast was great.  Most of the workampers are still here, today.100_4788Bud Wright welcomed everyone and then Don led the blessing for the food and also thanked the Activities group for all the great work they have done all winter... "big shoes to fill."  I was wondering where my pet photo subject was, when I found him!  He sure is going to miss me. ?  Wonder who I will find to stalk with my camera at our next stop?  I'm sure they won't be as much fun as Rick has been.  Such a good sport.100_4789  QUAIL SIGHTING: We heard this fellow calling, so I grabbed the camera and eased the door open.  It's really hard to get close enough to get a good picture.  I need a mega zoom lens.100_4792

I got a little cleaning done today, getting ready to pack up.  Then Snookie came over and I read her final postings regarding her JUMP and laughed until I cried.  Snookie, you are such a good writer.

Don went into CG and bought new batteries for the RV and groceries.

This evening, we watched two Big 12 teams win their games and make it into the Elite Eight.  I've picked North Carolina, Kansas, Memphis and Texas to make it to the Final Four.  So far, all 4 teams are still "alive."  Sorry, Bud.  We thought about you tonight.  Melvin is probably pretty happy, though.

Family and friends, I will be so happy when I have cell phone service again!  MONDAY!

No comments: