Saturday, March 1, 2008

Quail Run Winter Olympics...

... was too much fun. My first event was Darts... got all 3 darts on the board! Next was the Basketball Shoot... made 3 out of 6 and tied 5 ways for 1st. When I shot to playoff the tie, I wasted 2 shots warming up and only made 2 shots out of 6 during "regulation" shooting. My "Mr. Basketball hubby was quite proud of me, but I sure wanted to win a medal for him. It seems that Donna O'Neil is haunting me... she won the Silver with 3 out of 6 and Marlene Ream grabbed the Gold with 4 out of 6. Here's Ginny Dexter taking her turn. Next was the bean bag toss. I did ok, but didn't place here either. Then I went to the ladder golf area and didn't have much success there either. However, Snookie did really well. At the Medal Ceremony this afternoon, she was announced as the GOLD MEDAL WINNER! And she didn't even know she had won. It was so funny... she kept saying "I didn't even know" and "I won!" We were all so proud of her and very entertained. She had great form.









At the lunch of delicious taco salad, Gary & Frieda from Oklahoma, helped serve. To kick off the Medal Ceremony was a hilarious skit that had everyone rolling with laughter. That's Don Walrath in the karate outfit. Pat Turner has beautiful flowers at her park model. Pat uses fake snakes to keep the bunny rabbits out of her flowers. We found this dove sitting on her nest in the rafters of the breezeway. Click on the picture for a larger view.






Pam Miller came over to show us her Medal received for the Basketball Shoot. Pam is a very competitive athlete and participated in several events. Pam's mom, JoAnne, told us that Pam has a trophy case full of trophies back home in Nebraska. Snookie has worn her Gold Medal all day and this afternoon she asked if it would be inappropriate for her to wear it tomorrow? I laughed and said, "I'll be disappointed if you don't wear it until we leave this park!" Dave came over this afternoon and installed the door latch Bob Quinn had given Don. Thanks guys! Now our door won't blow shut on windy days.

No comments: