Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A very happy birthday

Do you ever wonder where all the time has gone?  I've been in the TTZ (turbo time zone) all my life.... all sixty years of it.

I couldn't wait to check my emails this morning because I knew Don had sent me a birthday card.  It was the cutest!  "Once we were strangers.... now we're just strange friends!"  Well... I would show the "card" to you, but I can't. You'll just have to trust me.. it was funny.

The first phone call was from the beautiful lady who brought me into this world. Probably one of the best blessings... that of being born to that saint of a lady.

And then the phone call from daughter, Leslie and grand children, Emma and Camden.  Sweetest voices singing "Happy Birthday" to Nonna and Camden repeating "Happy Birthday" in all the right syllables, just not in the right order... adorable.... sort of like "bappy dirthay" with maybe a few other syllables added.

Snookie, I am still laughing about your call this morning. Thank you for the gift of laughter.  We have got to get you in our choir in the Fall!  Readers, Snookie "sang" the classic to me .... TWICE!  I would give big bucks (when I get them) to have a recording of that phone call.

Don took me to Ted's Cafe Escondido in Norman for lunch.  We've been in quite a few states and Ted's is still the best Mexican restaurant... best food, best service, best atmosphere.

my birthday lunchOur waitress, Bri, was great and took our picture.my birthday lunch at Ted's Cafe EscondidoI promptly, got up after our delicious meal, walked out and left my purse at the table.  Didn't miss it until we got to Mother's.  When I called Ted's, the manager already had my purse in safe keeping and I told him I would pick up around 3:00 this afternoon.  That's the time we were heading to The Warren theater in Moore.  I thought seeing "17 Again" on my birthday would be appropriate.  Yes, smarty, I can still remember being seventeen.  The Warren is a really nice theater. We got there early and had dessert before the movie.  Don... a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whip cream and a cherry on top.  Me... a root beer float (and a couple of bites of Don's warm brownie).

This evening, granddaughter Lydia, had a softball game. LydiaWe arrived before her mom, LaNae and brother, Blaine arrived.Blaine and LaNaeLydia got a single her only time at bat.100_0235On first base, she is paying very close attention to her coaches instructions.listening to coachAnd she made it to second base.made it to second baseYeah!, she crosses home plate for a score!and across home plate!

We got home just in time to see Kris win American Idol championship!  Such a humble young talent.

Also, learned that Baylor, #8 seed in the Big 12 baseball tournament, beat Texas, #1 seed... 14 to 9!! Way to go, Bears!

And my FaceBook was packed with birthday love from wonderful friends and family.

I am so blessed. Thank you, Lord, for my life.

1 comment:

ttprincess1226 said...

Happy Birthday, LaVon!