Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I always wondered where Dibble, OK was and now I know.  Don and I went to church with his mom and sister and sister's mother-in-law this morning in Dibble, OK. 

It was raining and I didn't get a picture of Don with his mom.  I could just kick myself.  And you know, he wasn't about to say, "Hey, LaVon, take a picture of Mom and me." 

We left them after church and went to my mama's to take her to lunch at Santa Fe Steakhouse.  There were gobs of people waiting for a table, but when we said we needed a table for three, we were seated immediately.  It seems those waiting were large family groups.

When we  got back to mom's apartment, I handed Don the camera and said, "Hon, take our picture for Mother's Day, please." 

100_0026 

After a nice nap for all three of us, we played a game of Moon (dominoes) before Don's back was hurting so bad he couldn't sit in the chair any longer.  Too many hours behind the wheel over the last two weeks, probably hasn't helped his back at all.

Don wanted to take me to the OU-OSU baseball game at Bricktown in OKC this afternoon, but it was just too rainy and cool to be enjoyable, so we didn't go.  Hopefully, we will catch a game before the season is over.

Here are a few pictures of the park we are in for the summer.  It's very quiet and peaceful... no train whistles in the middle of the night.  There's a creek that runs through the back side and a storm shelter.

out for his morning stroll100_5364100_5365The laundry room is in this building.100_5366This is the office and the residence of the owners.100_5367100_5368100_5369We picked up a few hitchhikers on our trip to Oklahoma.  The park only charges $10 for the water to wash rigs, so I will be washing the Q in a few days... just as soon as it gets a little warmer.we picked up a few hitchikers along the way

No comments: