Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another good day

This little fellow is just so full of joy that he can't help praising God in the morning, in the evening and in the middle of the night! I'm serious.  It's a Mockingbird and has a wide variety of musical talent that he shares with us all hours.  I'm sure he has cousins in this area, too.praises in the daylight, praises in the moonlightI don't know what has happened to our "lake."  It rained the better part of the night and I just knew there would be a large pond here this morning, but evidently, the drainage is outstanding here. ???? where did our lake go?All the water must have drained to this creek as the water was flowing nicely this morning when Don and I took a walk.5/13/2009 A-AAA RV Park creekOur site is very roomy.  We do have a neighbor, but far enough away that you can only see the shadow of their coach in this picture.the Quantum at A-AAA RV Park, Newcastle, OKPatsy and Shocky drove over this morning to see the Q5.  Shocky and her hubby have done workamping in the past, but presently do not have an RV but are looking.  About 4:00 PM, Don and I drove into Norman to Mama Trudy's to visit with them and eat dinner.  Patsy prepared a delicious chicken dish. 

When we arrived, one of mother's neighbors has a couple of rose bushes that are just opening.  They are so pretty.100_0050Each petal on this rose were a pink on the outside and an apricot color on the inside.  Just beautiful.100_0051After dinner, Patsy brought out her accordion that she has had for a long time.  She played and we sang a few hymns.  Shocky has an absolutely beautiful voice.  Sure wish I could get these two out to Sunscape to play and sing  in a service or two.100_0052Of course we had to get some group shots as Shocky and Patsy will be leaving early in the morning and I had to say my good-byes tonight.  We had such a good time tonight, even had a prayer and praise time together.  L-R: Shocky, Mama Trudy, me and Patsy.5/13/2008 Shocky, Mama Trudy, LaVon, Patsy -- May 13, 2008Shocky took this picture so Don could be in it. No one told me to put my foot down, so all you could see was my big foot in the front of this shot, hence, the weird crop.Don, Mama Trudy, LaVon, Patsy  -- May 13, 2008Now, Patsy is the photographer and Shocky is in this picture.  How funny... I never moved. Which means, I was not the photographer in any of these pictures.  That's a first!!!Don, Mama Trudy, LaVon, Shocky - May 13, 2009I am so grateful to Patsy and Shocky for coming to see Mama and thankful that Don and I were here to enjoy their visit, as well. To clarify the relationships, Shocky's grand-dad was my step-dad since age five which makes her my niece.  Her mother was my step-dad's oldest daughter already married with Shocky in tow when Mama Trudy married Charlie Rhodes. Shocky is two years older than me and just the cutest little thing ever... always has been.  Shocky grew up in Lubbock and I grew up in Blooming Grove, Texas so we didn't see each other every day, only on special occasions and holidays.  Patsy is the oldest daughter of my step-dad's baby sister, making her my cousin.  Patsy and I grew up together, went to school together and shared wonderful times with our grandparents and other cousins. I am truly blessed to have been accepted into this family as a child.

We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Lavon, I so love reading your posts and I am also grateful that Jesus put you out of harms way. I was praying for you when I saw the weather report. I grew up in a mobile home and know the fears that come along with storms of any kind. Back in those days you just rode them out. We rarely had a sturdy shelter to take refuge in. So God was really watching out for us. Please let us know if you are going to be up our way. Would love to spend time with the two of you!!!