Sunday, May 3, 2009

Humbly Grateful or Grumbly Hateful

May 3

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.”
James 1:2

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Sometimes we have to admit that it’s hard to “count it all joy.” Sometimes we complain, and rather than being humbly grateful, we get grumbly hateful. Oh, how I wish that, beginning today, we would emulate the faith of the saints that have gone before us — saints like Fannie Crosby, the great hymn writer. For most of her life Fannie Crosby was blind, and yet at the tender age of eight, Fannie wrote:

“Oh! What a happy soul am I. Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world, contented I will be.
How many blessings I enjoy that other people don’t.
To weep and sigh because I’m blind, I cannot and I won’t.”

And do you know what? She didn’t.

ACTION POINT:
How can you apply this truth to your life today? How can you share this truth with someone else?

share devotional with a friend
visit lwf.org

No comments: