Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We love soup!

Yesterday, Don cooked a fabulous pot roast in the Crock Pot all day, covered with salsa and cooked with “un-yones” (remember ‘chef’ Justin Wilson?) and carrots.  With this delicious main course, he served brown wild rice and green beans.  After the meal, there was a nice chunk of roast left, along with carrots, onions, green beans and rice, so Don tasted the remaining “juices” again and said, “Pot roast soup!!”

It’s my pleasure to clean up whenever Don cooks, so I put all the leftovers in one bowl and into the frig it went.

Today…. wonderful Pot Roast Soup.  I enjoyed a few slices of mozzarella cheese with mine and Don had cheddar cheese and crackers with his.  I wish I could explain how savory this soup was.  Apologies for no pictures.

As we were enjoying our soup, Don said, “All because of a visit to a little family cafe in West Branson, Missouri, a couple of years ago, where, on the “Today’s Specials” was “Pot Roast Soup.”  Don had never heard of pot roast soup, so he ordered it and loved it.  Of course, Don has made this soup with the usual potatoes that are cooked with pot roast, but for my sake, the potatoes were omitted and rice took their place…. I don’t miss the potatoes and I love knowing that I am eating what is better for me in regarding to losing weight.

No flavor was missing in this healthy soup!  Thank you, Don!  I sure do love you.

1 comment:

joelfloto@yahoo.com said...

Soup sounds great I think we should try it!!