Thursday, March 31, 2011

Connie and Caroline

First on our calendar for today was a visit to Caroline’s, but when we got out of the truck, church board chair-lady was working in her front flower bed across the street from Caroline’s house.  Of couse, we walked over to chat.  I love Connie’s Bluebonnets, the Texas state flower.100_1587

Connie was sitting on a little green stool with her pink shorts and gardening gloves on… really cute.  Of course, I took her pictures as she breathed, “Stinker!”  But… I am a kind person, so, I cropped the picture for the blog.  (But never fear, I have the original just in case I ever need it…. :>)) 100_1588-1

One more shot of the Bluebonnets.  100_1586

Going on across the street to Caroline’s, I found she still has poinsettias.  They grow well here in the RGV.100_1589

In an earlier post back in November or December, I introduced readers to Caroline Becker from Serbia.  Caroline escaped from a concentration camp when she was twenty and has been through things she can’t even talk about.100_1595

Her deceased husband was quite an artist.  This stain glass lamp is one of his creations.100_1590

He also made this fancy peacock. 100_1591

The purpose of our visit this morning was to pray with Caroline for her granddaughter, who had surgery today.100_1592

We sure love this sweet lady.           

No comments: