Monday, March 14, 2011

I am an Exercise Machine

That’s kind of a funny title.  That I am an exercise anything is funny.  But actually, I have exercised quite a lot today…. about five miles worth and gallons of sweat.

About seven “girls” went shopping this morning in downtown McAllen.  Noreen, Heather, Gail, Claudette, Bonita, Jan and I.  We thought we had found a shop with “our size” stretch, fancy jeans that all the girls wear down here, but all we found was a big laugh.  Oh yes, and we did find Cheddar’s for lunch.  I had a wonderful salad.

Oh, I forgot about the mile Donna and I walked this afternoon.  I can’t really count it, though because I kept stopping to take pictures and Donna kept stopping to pet doggies.

Neither of us knows what this plant is.100_1314

C’mon, Donna… you wanted to walk! 100_1315

Just as predicted, the Bottle Brush tree is loaded with blooms. 100_1316

100_1317 100_1318 100_1319

And I have lost fourteen pounds!!!

2 comments:

Joel and Linda said...

Fourteen pounds!!! Congratulations!!
The brush tree is beautiful....

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

I am so proud of you on the weight loss! I need to do that too. Miss you guys a lot! Take care and hope to see you on the trip home or back.