Wednesday, March 30, 2011

LaVon is one happy girl..

… because she is surrounded by flowers and color!!

The trumpet bushes on our site are beginning to “sing praises to the Lord!” 100_1572

Unusual orange color bougainvillea. 100_1574

Oooooooo… amaryllis. 100_1576

So many different colored roses on one rose bush!! 100_1580100_1577 100_1578

So pretty, it almost doesn’t look real. 100_1579

Carol and Roger are going to be going back up north this week, so they invited us over for a visit.  That watermelon she served was so yummy and sweet!100_1573

I did Walk Away the Pounds this morning, and this afternoon, Donna and I walked the perimeter of the park.  She felt really good about walking, so she wanted !free! ice cream that was being served in the main hall by the Pink Flamingo Lady, Carolyn!  No, I did not eat any ice cream, thank you very much. 100_1583

Whew!  I was tired after my second walk today, and before I knew it, I had taken a little nap on the couch.

When I awoke, Don wanted to go back to the Obst Farm Market that we found the other day.  They sell about forty gallons of fresh squeezed orange juice daily.  Yeah, baby, we got a half gallon.  And fresh picked strawberries and fresh gathered BIG sweet carrots and a cabbage and two big ruby red grapefruits and a jar of local honey.  We are looking forward to the fall when they will have fresh cauliflower, broccoli, celery, radishes and more.

What’s the problem here?  Can’t they decide what to name this street.  North Veterans Blvd. or “I” Road?  Gee, it’s confusing.100_1584

Relaxing in the shade.100_1581

No comments: