Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Today is Joyce Day

This morning, Don and I went walking without the camera, so I wouldn’t stop.  After our walk, I got the camera and we walked again to places where I wanted to take pictures. 

We really enjoyed sitting on a bench on the far bank and I took some great pictures of the RV’s parked across from us.100_0036100_0030

Don is examining the “fruit” of this tree.100_0063

Big bunches of red, fuzzy seeds.100_0064

I still maintain that these are some of the prettiest wildflowers.  Friend Wendy wrote earlier in a comment that, as a child, they would put the cut stems of this flower in food colored water and the flower would turn the color of the food color dye.  100_0069

Yesterday, I had eyed some beautiful lilies at an RV site, so today, the owners were outside, so I asked if I could take pictures of the lilies.  The gentleman was very friendly and explained that earlier in the month, these lily plants had 64 flowers on them!  When I got ready to leave, he asked where I was from and when I told him, he said, “Aren’t you LaVon Baker?”  I about dropped my permanent teeth!  He told me he was Bob Baker and his wife, Yvonne, sitting on the porch reminded me that we had met briefly at the Amazon.com Thanksgiving dinner in Coffeyville, Kansas in 2008.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It’s a small world.100_0080

These lilies are so gorgeous.100_0081

I went back to the Q and told Don who I had found, so we went back and visited some more with Yvonne and100_0086Bob Baker.  They send their greetings to all our Coffeyville, Kansas Amazon.com friends!100_0087

Bob also has a hanging basket of freesia.  So pretty.100_0085

About 1:30 pm, we went next door behind us to have lunch with Joyce and her 100 year old mom, who has lived with Joyce for 21 years and traveled with her since 2005.  Amazing.  You should see her climb the steps going into the RV. She just walks in, slowly, but she walks in… not stopping with both feet on each step, but walking up.  I couldn’t believe it.100_0089

At 6:15 this evening, we walked up to the activity building to watch Joyce and Bob, Wii bowl.  It was really fun to watch, so I’m sure they had fun playing.  There were five TV’s set up with Wii’s and there were four bowlers on each “lane.”  Joyce and Bob won their lane.  Wii bowling is a great activity for RV’ers!

It’s been great catching up with Joyce today.  We love your state, Joyce!  And we love your park!

3 comments:

Norm and Lori said...

What are the chances that you would cross paths with Bob & Yvonne? It is a God thing. He is always with us. I know you are enjoying your visit. Tell Bob, if you see him again, that his flowers are beautiful. Thank you for sharing on the blog.

Love you, LoPo

The Longs said...

Also tell them for us HELLO and share our e mail with them.

Anonymous said...

Bob and Yvonne came to a couple of the dinners at Pizza Hut. They were very nice people, I imagine they won't work at Amazon since the Temp Agency isn't hiring for them. It is a small world....Joel