Sunday, July 11, 2010

Last day in Georgia

Don and I met Jon and Carolyn at the Rising Fawn Baptist Church this morning.  Worship there is always so good and the sermon by Pastor Tommy Crider was wonderful and challenging.  At the end of the sermon, during the prayer, I found myself at the altar on my knees praying for myself and our family.  Since Don and I always hold hands during prayer, I guess he followed me to the altar… or I drug him with me… not sure which, but he would have been there, too, even if we hadn’t been holding hands. 

So, heads up… this was an emotional day for me.

After church, Jon and Carolyn took us to lunch at Larry’s in Trenton.  It’s quite a unique buffet.  You pay when you first walk in.. $12.25 a person for any and everything they have from salad to dessert.  And it’s good food.  We talked and ate and talked and Jonny and I could hardly keep from crying.  On the front porch of the restaurant (where the picture was taken-I recruited a nice gentleman to take it), Jonny determined that he would come out in the morning to “wave goodbye” to us.  When we hugged goodbye today, I could have just bawled, but I swallowed the sobs.100_3594-2

I need to throw in a flower here.  Took this at the restaurant, out front.  It was on a stalk like a sunflower, but I’ve never seen sunflowers this color.100_3597

We went over to check on Mama Trudy after leaving the restaurant.  When I called her this morning to see if she wanted to go to church with us, she said she didn’t really feel like getting ready.  We visited for a bit and then Don and I came back to the Q and went sound asleep.  It’s really hot here today.  When we woke up, we went back to see Mama and to go to the store to get a few items for our trip.  We played dominoes for an hour or maybe two.  Parting was very difficult for us.  I literally recorded in my mind how it felt to hug her.  Now we’re both crying.  Finally, I get in the truck and as we’re driving away, I took this picture.  She covered her eyes because she was crying.  It’s a blurry picture, but it’s probably best that way.  Driving away now, my back is to her and she can’t see me… it my turn to cover my eyes and sob.  Poor Don.  He’s so good to just let me try and get it out of my system.  I’m still working on that.100_3598

Tonight, nephew Sammy and family came out to visit and tell us goodbye.  They brought fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and blackberries from their garden.  Also, dill and bread & butter pickles that Kim canned last summer.

It’s now 12:28 AM and it has been thundering ever since Sammy and family left and about twenty minutes ago, it started raining.  I’m emotionally drained and I’m going to bed.  God is so good and I am so thankful for this time we’ve had with my family.  And very grateful for the rest and relaxation.

Daily Promises
Blue Letter Bible
July 11, 2010

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! [If] I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. (Psalms 139:17-18)

The Lord is constantly thinking about you, His child! His thoughts are always for your good (Jeremiah 29:11). He loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)! How great is the sum of your thoughts towards God? How much time do you spend thinking about Him? Remember your Father's love for you! Recall your identity as His own child! Rejoice in Him and take heart in whom you have been made to be: one of the everlasting sons of God!

This has been brought to you by the following ministries:
Blue Letter Bible
Sowing Circle

4 comments:

Tammy said...

...and I'm emotionally drained after reading this.
The photo of the four of you is wonderful. Please send me the original (by e-mail). The photo of Mama Trudy is the one that broke my heart. I can't write anything else...

Norm and Lori said...

Dear LaVon & Don,

I am crying right along with you LaVon, as I am reading your blog. We are praying for your safe travels as you make your way north. Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Love you, LoPo & NoPo

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

I cried right along with you. Love you both very much. Have a safe trip. Blessings headed your way.

Claudia said...

LaVopn your post took me back to the day we left Sunscape this year. I swear my heart was breaking by the fact that I was leaving my wonderful brother and sister-in-law once again! I like you could not hold back the tears that day. Your pictures of us mean so much and I look at them often. I love you and Don and pray for your safe journeys around our great country.