Monday, July 12, 2010

R-Haven RV Park, GA to Singing Hills Campground, KY

(Heavy sigh.)

After our emotionally draining parting last night, I was surprised when Mama Trudy showed up this morning with Jonny to see us off.  I loved it that Mama Trudy sat and chatted with me as I finished getting the inside of the Q ready to roll.  I hope I can walk up and down RV steps (frontward) when I’m 92. (I know, what am I talking about?  92. Yeah.  Right.)  The truth of the matter is, I held her hand as she descended the steps and afterwards her legs felt really weak, but did she say a word about it?  No.  Not one word of complaint.  I just know they were weak because she mentioned it last night how weak her legs felt after rising from sitting for a while. She also said something about possibly being in a wheelchair soon.  I’ve never heard her talk like that before.

I adore how she is looking at me in this picture.  To take the mystery out of it, I’ll just go ahead tell you that she was saying something about how badly I was sweating.  There’s two things that quickly come to my mind that I do not do …. attractively. 1) sweat, 2) cry.  Both make my face red and crying makes my eyes puffy and my nose more red.  This is what I look like after a night of crying.  I warned you… not attractive!I’m not the only one sweating… notice the towel over Don’s shoulder.  Even though it was cloudy and about 76 degrees, it was so humid and no air moving.100_3601

My brother (no fair having dark glasses on) Jon, Mama Trudy and me.100_3602-1

My preacher brother prayed with us and for our safety barely getting through the prayer before the tears started and his voice broke.  I was already there.  I have to tell you that the three of us being together has been a rare occurrence since he left the home right out of high school.  Soon thereafter he was called to preach and has spent most of his life on the foreign mission field.  We cherish our time together with Mama Trudy.

We were so grateful that the angels held their tears until after we got on the highway.  The rain matched my heart’s mood.100_3610

We drove in this halfway to Nashville or further and then we prayed if it was God’s will, that the rain would stop.100_3614

By 10:09 AM it had stopped raining.  Still cloudy and cooler temps, but, praise God, no rain.100_3623

Around 11:00 AM, we were driving through Nashville, Tennessee.100_3628

And at 12:38 PM we were in Kentucky.  Well, actually, we went back to Central Daylight Time when we entered Tennessee, so it was 11:38 AM when we got to Kentucky.

100_3631

At almost 12:00 noon, we were hungry, so we stopped at a Rest Area, went inside the Q, made sandwiches and carried them to a nearby picnic table in the shade.  Shade?  The sun is now shining!  100_3632There was a nice breeze, too, so we had a very pleasant lunch right next to the…. (in the background)100_3633

Kentucky Downs in Franklin, Kentucky.  Nothing happening here today. 100_3637

A few more pics of the Downs grounds.  It’s a long track.100_3635100_3636100_3638

A walnut tree by our picnic table.  (I think it’s a walnut tree… they looked like walnuts to me.)2010 July 12 Trenton to Cave City KY-1

There are a lot of old barns along our route in Kentucky, not obscured by trees.100_3642

Bowling Green water tower in a corn field.100_3646

Another great old barn.100_3648

Yes He did! And I was looking for another sign that says, “HE’S ALIVE!”100_3650

I spotted a picturesque farm with rolling hay meadow and bales of hay, got it right in my viewfinder… click!  Where did that come from?!  However, after looking at it, I decided I really like it.100_3656

After a couple of hours of more level terrain and corn fields, we’re getting back into semi-mountains.100_3657

Sooner than we figured, but really not too soon, we were at our exit to the park where we have reservations.  This was on our road.  What are we in store for?100_3659

About 2:00 PM, we pulled into our park for the night.100_3692Right away, we liked this place.  The owner’s daughter, Amy Brown, is an occupational missionary in an African country I should probably not mention online.  Amy teaches school and in her spare time has been able to start two or three Bible studies with some ladies there.  God bless Amy and protect her.

After getting set up/hooked up in the humid heat, we were ready for a break nap.  Then we got out and walked around to see where we were and what was here.  Across the street was this old barn in pretty good shape.100_3661

But obviously not being used much.100_3664

A couple of butterflies put on a show for us in an Althea bush.100_3671-1100_3674-1100_3675100_3676

And ducks were lazing by the pond.100_3677

Can you believe it?  An old barn right here in our park?!100_3683  This one is still being used.100_3684

By the road is an old two-story house that caught my eye.100_3680100_3687100_3690I can’t believe this house is not occupied?  It’s looks to need only a little tender loving care.100_3691-1

Nice place, Singing Hills Campground.  100_3694

So tonight, I have talked to Mama Trudy on the phone.  She’s been pretty busy today.  Jon took her to the grocery store and tonight, Kim made dinner for her and Sammy and daughter, Sophie, delivered it to her with more fresh veggies from their garden.  Thrilled her.  (I know.. I write in fragments)  She misses us, but she sounded in good spirits and has felt pretty good today.  Thank You Jesus.

Also, please pray for my brother, Jon as he leaves for the Philippines for a month, Wednesday. And for Mama Trudy while he's gone. She will be in good and very capable hands with daughter-in-law Carolyn and nephew Sammy and his wife, Kim, though.  We are so thankful for them and pray God’s blessing for them all.

What would we do without the love, prayers and encouragement of all you, our wonderful friends and family?  I won’t think about that.  I will just pray God’s blessings for you all.

Daily Promises
Blue Letter Bible
July 12, 2010

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. (2 Timothy 4:17)

When it comes time for us to proclaim the gospel, we can stand in the Lord's strength and He will be right by our side the whole time. Be bold, O believer! Take your strength in the almighty arm of your Father, O child of heaven!

This has been brought to you by the following ministries:
Blue Letter Bible
Sowing Circle

2 comments:

Joel and Linda said...

I understand the parting ways and knowing it will be awhile before being reunited with relatives. We are looking forward to our Family Reunion Sept 5th in Byron IL. You look pretty when you are red!! Your travel pics are great but butterflies won't hold still for a really crisp picture will they? We will pray for safe travels...

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

You do look pretty in red. We all understand. I do love the picture of her looking at you. What a precious picture to keep forever. That is a nice campground. We will have to keep it in mind on one of our trips between north and south. Prayers for safe travel are with you. Love you guys