Monday, April 26, 2010

Packing Day

We took a break to visit with Jim and Toma from across the street.  We have been so blessed to be parked across the street from them for two seasons.  I have learned so much about desert plants from Toma.  What a sweet and fun couple…. We’re going to miss them like crazy.

Toma taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.100_0046

Toma and Jim.100_0047

I miss her already.100_0052

I just happened to look up as they were walking back across the street… I think I have to shed tears now.100_0053

So, it’s time to get back to work and I head off to the laundry while Don’s gets the truck washed, etc.  And then it’s time for another break.  Hey!  It’s past lunchtime, we’re hungry!  Our last chance to eat at Rubio’s.  We thought the:  Three Cheese Quesadilla …. Cheese/Grilled Chicken/Grilled Steak …. Served with guacamole, sour cream, salsa fresca and chips…… sounded good… it was.

In the parking lot is where I noticed the Palo Verde blooms.  Who knew the Sonoran Palo Verde (no thorns) tree has such pretty blossoms?  Probably a lot of people, but to this non-native Arizonian, it was a pleasant surprise.  I don’t remember seeing this tree in bloom last year.  The Palo Verde is the Arizona State Tree native, of course, to Arizona, the tree's name is in reference to its green bark. "Palo Verde" in Spanish means green stick or green pole.100_0055

100_0056

100_0057

Late this evening, on our way to returning Jim and Ellie’s golf cart, we stopped by Bud and Barb Steiner’s, Shari and Garth Hall’s (Garth is doing great and looks wonderful), and finally to Jim and Ellie’s, visiting with them for a while.  They have been the best landlords.

Almost everything is done that needs to be done before we pull out in the morning. 

To all our Sunscape friends, we are going to miss you all.  Please stay in touch and if we don’t meet again on this earth, we’ll look forward to seeing you in Heaven.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I know how your heart feels ... as my heart has often felt the same.