Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Trails to George and Nancy

Up and over to George and Nancy’s  about 8:30 this morning. (You see that park model behind us?  The Q is behind that park model. We didn’t have far to walk.) 100_2767

I love this picture!!!  We love Nancy and George so much.100_2768

I can not believe that I didn’t take a picture of George… oh wait, I think I took one….100_2763

George is driving the truck as they pull out of the site.  “And they’re off!!100_2770  Update:  I received an email from Nancy and they arrived safely at their destination for the next few weeks somewhere in Apache Junction.

Our calendar is filling up fast.  I rode over to Faye and Bill’s to confirm a date with them and took these rose pictures on the way. 100_2772100_2774

This is Faye and Bill’s Annie.  She is so smart.  She brought me a rock and wanted me to throw it like a ball; she would run and jump on it, burying it in the gravel in the process and then find it and bring it back to me.  So fascinating to watch her and she would not give up until she found that same rock.100_2777

Annie is such a good job.100_2781

Faye is giving Annie a good combing.  She’s smiling at me, remembering that I played with her this afternoon.100_2784

Dinner (supper) tonight was with Bruce and Rose Marie Chapman at Macayo’s.  Good food, great fellowship.  I’m getting pretty good at asking our waitress to take our picture.100_2785

Just got a call from Shari Hall.  She (with good friends Ken and Joyce) have gone back to Phoenix tonight because the nurse called her to tell her that they’ve taken Garth back to ICU.  It seems he almost passed out when they got him up to go to the bathroom.  We’re still praying for him.  All the symptoms he’s having could be caused by his very painful six broken ribs, but it is comforting to know that the caregivers at St Joseph’s are taking no chances with Garth.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The rest of the story from the other night:

"Praise the Lord!"
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
Revelation 7:12 - “Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever.
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I heard about a man who got a little excited in church and kept shouting, “Praise the Lord!” One day, some of the brethren called on him while he was plowing his fields. When they were finished talking, he hung his head and said, “I know it’s the truth. I have disturbed the services, but you know, I sit there and think what the Lord has done for me, how He died in agony and blood for me upon the cross, how He’s forgiven all of my sins, how He’s filled me with the Spirit, and – here, hold this mule while I shout!” If being a Christian and going to heaven doesn’t excite you, then you have calluses on your soul. It’s exciting to know the Lord Jesus Christ!
ACTION POINT:
When was the last time you raised your hands and shouted “Praise the Lord!” Maybe right now is a good time!

No comments: