Thursday, May 26, 2011

Heidi, roses and work

Don and I walked down to the creek this morning for our quiet time.  Campers Robert and Heidi came down for a stroll in the creek, too.  The seven year old German Shepherd was so friendly, sweet and beautiful. She wasn’t really fond of wading in the creek, but she sure loved drinking it.100_3849

But if her master walked in it, it was for sure she was going to walk in it.100_3854

Robert told us that he and his wife and Heidi, of course, had just been in New Mexico for a month.  The last place they were was Ruidoso and he said they had a huge fire out there destroying over ten thousand acres.  This prompted me to call my cousin, Carolyn, to make sure they were ok.  Carolyn said it was bad, but was on the south side of the mountain and they are on the north side of Ruidoso.  That was good news.

Well, six days later and my roses are still very pretty.  100_3859

I sure have enjoyed them. 100_3855

Today is my half day at work, going in at noon. 100_3860

We were pretty busy with a rally that is coming here for the Memorial Day weekend.  The park is almost completely full.  I like working in the office because I get to meet the folks coming into the park and invite them to church Sunday morning.

Don went to Kerrville to buy a few groceries this afternoon, but mainly to get the truck washed.  It sure does look good.

Acts 20:24

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

No comments: