Thursday, January 13, 2011

Benefit concert

Due to the weather, we didn’t do much today.  Don walked up to the main hall and back, chatting with a few folk while there.  At 3:30 PM, I rode my bike to choir practice.  It was pretty chilly, but when practice was over, it was drizzling rain pretty heavily.  Yep, I got a little cold and wet.

Tonight, Walter Plant and Jeanette (I forgot her last name), did a benefit concert for Christian Resort Ministries, Int’l. at Dennis and Sally’s park, Alamo Rec. Veh. Park.  Don opened the concert with prayer.100_0221

I took one picture of Walter and then put my camera away and enjoyed the concert, along with about eight other CRM chaplain couples from parks in the RGV.  We were all so blessed and humbled by the generosity of the ARV folks… total love offering: $1,054.00!!  This amount goes into the CRM general fund and will be used when needed.  Thank You to Walter and Jeanette for donating their time and talent and Thank You to the generous people at ARV for giving and for coming out on such a nasty evening, weather-wise…. the hall was full!100_0222

No comments: