Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 3 of 30 days of truth

Day 3:  Something you have to forgive yourself for.

I have to forgive myself for my failures, my sins.  God has forgiven me so it would be audacious of me to not forgive myself. 

Now, I’m like anyone else, I wear blinders in regard to my sins, usually, and don’t always few my sin as what it is… I have a tendency to be in denial, but that affects my relationship with my Father and I need that relationship to be open and everything it can be.  Therefore, it’s my responsibility to ask my Father to show me my sins and run to Him for forgiveness. 

I used to think that not forgiving myself was somehow showing my humility, but I finally realized that if God forgives me, and I know He does, who am I not to forgive myself.  In a sense, if I don’t forgive myself I am actually revealing that I don’t believe God forgives me and which would reveal that I don’t believe His Word. Unforgiveness in every shape, form and fashion lends nothing positive for me.

No comments: