Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday is Here

Bittersweet.  That's the word Don used to describe today and I wholeheartedly agree.

His message to us here at Sunscape RV Resort this morning was from Luke 10:38-42 and was titled  "Listening to God."

I'm not sure if it was because of the Spirit of God that was present or my emotional state or a combination of both, but the message this morning was so good.

In order to listen to God:

1. I must listen with my heart, at His feet. (verse 39). I must want to hear from Him.  If I truly want to hear from God, I must be where He is, completely, worshipping, in His presence, listening with my heart, mind and soul.

2. I must tune out the interference - slow down, stop, shut out the world. (verse 40)  Busyness has the power to keep me distracted from the fact that "Jesus is in the house!"  Tune out the interference and tune in to the voice of Jesus.

3. Anger and bitterness plugs up my ears from hearing God - it distracts my Jesus-focus, along with all other sins.

4. Worry and fatigue chokes out thoughts about Jesus and clogs my ears to listening to Jesus. At His feet is peace and rest and no interference.  In the New Testament, Mary Magdalene is found three times at the feet of Jesus.

5. I must be ready to respond when I hear His voice in my spirit.  The fact is, if I'm not ready to respond, I probably will not hear His voice... not for very long.  When I'm not willing to obey, the still small voice of God gets even smaller until I will no longer hear it.

Don and I always want to hear God's voice and that is why we respond into action when He speaks to us.

At this point in the message, Don announced that God is leading us away from Sunscape to another place and we must go.

Dear readers, I do not have words to describe how difficult it is to invest our hearts and lives in a community of precious people, as we have been called to do, and then leave them, in obedience to God's directing.  Yet, we can not be fully obedient to God without being so invested and so in love with them.  Bittersweet... satisfying to obey, love and teach, painful to leave; exciting to go, tearfully sad to leave.

And the tears did flow as precious friend after precious friend told us how much our being here has helped them in their walk with the Lord; how much they love us; how sad they are to see us move, but so understanding of the call of God on our lives.  Bittersweet.  Grace upon grace.  Words fail me.

We are so grateful that we live in this age of technology where it so easy to stay in touch with people we have met and love.  Our wonderful Lord and Master continues to "increase our borders" as we move on to new territory and meet new friends, but we will never forget those we have met here.  We pray our paths will cross again on this earth and most of all we pray we will see them all in our forever home, Heaven.

The remaining weeks we have at Sunscape, until April 27th, will be so precious to us and will pass much too quickly.

Barring any unforeseen changes, we will be in Pharr, Texas the end of October for the winter at the Tip O' Texas RV Resort, doing what we love to do and what our gracious Lord has called us to do.

 

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He shall direct your paths.

No comments: