Monday, March 22, 2010

More evidence of Spring

Spent a wonderful two hours with sweet friend, Donna Sorenson, in the Scriptures, this morning.  Rarely do I get the opportunity to do a 'one on one' Bible study with someone and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm sad that Donna and Carl will be leaving this week.

When I got back to the Q, Don gave me the word that Naomi Andrews' trichocereus ... the pink one... has burst forth in all it's splendor!  So I grabbed the camera and we jumped in the golf cart and headed over to Naomi's.2010 Mar 22 Tucson

Ms. Naomi loves cacti, but her Bob won't let her plant them around the park model, so she has lots of pots on their patio.  Her Christmas Tree cactus is beginning to show it's tiny white blooms on the tips of a few of the 'branches,' like ornaments!100_1802

The very top of the Christmas Tree cactus.100_1805

Touching this plant, I fully understand why it's name is Gummy Bear.100_1798

A mini cactus with blooms all in a circle.100_1803

Next we headed for Tucson and Don's check-up with the pacemaker tech at the VA Med Center.  Everything looks great with his incision and he's clear to do everything he normally does, except lifting and reaching above shoulder height.  Now, if he could just get rid of his bad cold.

Driving out of Tucson, this church caught my eye.  Notice the dove 'perched' on top of the cross.100_1806100_1807

Our light turned green, so I had to put down my camera and drive.  Don enjoyed me driving so he could sight-see.

At a stop sign, this trailer was parked at an intersection so I just had to get this picture for Lori and Norm Post.100_1808

Look what else I found today?!!  Cottonwood's make the most majestic dead trees.100_1810

All along Interstate-10 were these Emory's Globemallow, so we took the service road and stopped for a few pictures. 100_1820

Also, along the highway were these Texas bluebonnet look alike's, the Lupine.  The Lupine is smaller than the Texas bluebonnet, of course.100_1816

Just inside the park gate is a beautiful bed of desert poppies.  By the time I rode up to the gate on my bike, they were in various stages of closing up for the night.100_1825100_1830100_1827

I certainly hope you enjoy flowers as much as I do.  If not, feel free to come back when Spring is over.  I just can't help myself. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

So glad to see that Don's check up went well. Hope he continues to improve every day. Enjoyed all your beautiful pictures, as usual.

The Longs said...

Yes! we are so glad to hear the report... but we are still continually keeping you all in our prayers that he returns to a regular routine.