Sunday, March 28, 2010

Saturday [part 2]

I got a text message from Lori!! That's exciting for two reasons: 1.  It's always good to hear when our friends have reached a destination (they made it to Benton for the night) and 2. Lori doesn't text!

We share a meal here with Rick and Wendy this evening.  Wendy brought a delicious pork loin and we made mashed potatoes, cole slaw and green beans.  For dessert, Don had purchased a delicious chocolate cream pie at the restaurant where we had breakfast this morning. 

After dinner, we all took a walk down to Jean's cactus garden so Rick could take some pictures.100_2120

The gambrel quail were out and moving in abundance.100_2125

Feeding as they moved.100_2126

This beautiful male was calling at the top of his lungs.  100_2132

A few of the prickly pears are popping their roses.100_2138

This quail was calling his mate so loudly and I could barely make him out in the lowering sunshine, but my trusty Kodak found him.100_2139

Pretty pinks and yellows showing off.100_2142

Wendy and I drove over in the golf cart so she could get a picture of this.100_2143

Back at the Q, we enjoyed an evening of cards.  (Don't ask, but the girls were not singing "we are the champions" at the end of the night.)

It has been a jam packed Saturday, and I didn't even mention that I did the laundry this afternoon.

I think I'm tired.  As our friend, Rick Fury says, "Even my tired is tired."  But it's a good tired.

See you in church in the morning!!  God bless you all.

PS.  On a very sad note: I received a text message from my niece, Tammy, tonight, requesting prayer for the family of her son's teammate.  The full story is here in Tammy's blog.