Thursday, March 11, 2010

How to fill up a Thursday

Our Thursday actually started last night when Lori rode with me to Fry's to get garlic bread for our pot luck lasagne lunch after our Couples' Bible Study this morning.

On the way to Arizona City, we spotted this blimp over the mountains, probably headed to Tucson.100_1344100_1346

What a lovely group.  We have had such a great time of fellowship with them and will miss them so much.  We're trying to talk them into caravanning to south Texas next year for a reunion.  That would be so fun!100_1365

We still have a couple of weeks left before folks start going to their summer homes.

John Cartwright, our host today, and I were in their back yard, me with my camera, when I looked over and this little bird was just this close to me, so I started taking pictures.  John and I decided that something is wrong with this little guy.100_1356

He just doesn't look good in his eyes... they're sunk in the socket or something.  Also, it would hardly fly... it sat in one spot for the longest.  I hope he gets well.2010 Mar 11

Ms. Loli, down the street, wanted to show me another early bloomer... her Texas Mountain Laurel tree.100_1380 100_1378

The path to the cactus garden is lined with Mexican daisies and desert marigolds.100_1373

I promise you, this quail was running so fast across the street in front of me, I can not believe that he's not a mere blur.100_1372

The rest of my day was filled with getting the park model ready for Stephanie and family, doing laundry, visiting with various folks along the way, answering questions about our next "assignment," making corn bread and eating it with a steaming bowl of veggie soup Don made for dinner, while I was doing laundry.

Don has felt pretty good today, just runs out of energy in the afternoon.  March Madness has begun, so he's enjoying college basketball on TV.

Tomorrow, we go to Tucson for lab work, etc., in preparation for Don's pacemaker replacement surgery Monday morning.  Lori and Norm have graciously offered to drive us down tomorrow and we are grateful for the company.

But I will see you again and your heart will rejoice.
John 16:22

No comments: