Saturday, March 27, 2010

(Sad) Saturday [part 1], departures and Happy Birthday, LaNae!

Up early and after our Bible reading (I Cor. 15) and prayer, we headed over to see Lori and Norm.  As I walked sidewalk to their site, we were taking pictures of each other.  Norm is busy getting things packed up so they can leave.100_2065

About that time she started walking toward me and hugged me, sobbing.  This morning was tough for all of us.  We have so enjoyed Norm and Lori being here with us and have grown to love them so much.  She's like my younger sister and we laugh and giggle and talk and cry together.  We're actually, as Don would say, two peas in a pod.  It's kind of scary, but oh so fun.  As Don and I meet more and more wonderful people, our family just grows and grows.  (Doesn't my hair look good?  LoPo cut it for me yesterday!  Thanks again, Sweetie!)100_2066

There's a picture that goes here of Don and Lori where Lori was crying and trying to smile at the same time, so I opted to post that one, even though it is too precious to me, and will post this one instead.  Don is talking in every picture I took of him because he is trying so hard to keep the mood light and happy.100_2069

The four of us walked a few sites down the street to Margie and Larry Quick's site to also say our farewells to them and pray for both couples and their safety as they will be traveling together back to Michigan.100_2070

The Quick's will be towing their jeep which is loaded with gifts for their grandchildren.100_2071

Walking back to Norm and Lori's site so they can hook up to their bike trailer, we met Shari and Garth Hall coming to bid all so long until they get home to Michigan later in April.  Gee, there are a lot of folks from Michigan in this park!  We may just have to visit Michigan one of these days.... we've made so many friends from that state.100_2073

About this time, my phone rang and it was my baby girl, LaNae, who is 36 today.  She called me so I could wish her a Happy Birthday.  Actually, she had to work today and she called me on her lunch break.  LaNae is the tall one second from the right with three members of her high school basketball team at a reunion back in October.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LaNae!!kaufman hall of fame 09

Norm, Don and Garth.100_2075

Lori on the 'big girl bike' as she helps get their bikes ready to load onto the tow trailer.100_2077

This is actually LoPo's smaller Honda which she will probably sell when they get home and buy a Harley.  (Anyone want to buy a good Honda?)100_2076

Not saying our final farewells yet, Don and I walk back to the Q, except I stopped off to visit with Marilyn and Keith for a few minutes and to take a picture of this mama dove sitting on her nest in the shrubs just outside their window.  She allowed me to get really close to her and never left her nest.100_2081

As I walked back to the Q, I took a long range picture of Norm and Lori securing their bikes on the tow trailer, two blocks away.  This park sure is getting empty of RV's.100_2085

Don't you just know that the folks in this park will be so glad when I am gone... taking 'that infernal camera with her.'100_2087

Don visits with Toma and another gentleman on the way up to the front gate to say good-bye to Lori, Norm, Margie and Larry.100_2088

They are almost ready to go.  :-(100_2089

The complete Post outfit.  All aboard!100_2091

Lori and Margie make sure they have each others contact info for their trip.  This is just the greatest life.  Would you believe that these two couples did not know each other until they got to Sunscape and now they are traveling together?!  100_2095

OK, this is it.  I refuse to watch them drive away, so we say our "see you later's" and walk back inside the park.100_2096

I distracted myself and the emotions I'm dealing with by taking pictures of the little Saguaro cactus by the front gate which Jim and Toma transplanted to the area by the new wall that hides the new solar heating system for the pool.2010 Mar 27 nopolopo

These bottle brush flowers are fascinating.  It looks like a bottle brush.100_2099

Don had already seen the "show" at the Moore's site, and he wanted me see it and take a picture.  These trichocereus flowers are every bit of twelve to fifteen inches across.  100_2102

I have my camera in my hand (shocker!) so I might as well take a picture of Marcy Grimes coming down the street to chat with us.100_2103

Marcy's hubby, Jim, was already with us.   Jim and Marcy are just the sweetest couple ever.  We sure do love them.  LOVE your hat, Jim! 100_2106

Next, Herb Ganske joins the party that has congregated outside the Moore residence. Herb is another favorite of ours.  We have a LONG list of favorites here.100_2109

Finally. Madeline graces us with her presence.  LOOK! She is out of her morning robe and dressed in day clothes!  Madeline, you better be careful pointing that thing... it might go off!100_2111

Beautiful Madeline.  Inside and out, even in her robe.100_2113

Across-the-street-neighbors, Marcy and Madeline.100_2114

We finally make our way back to the Q and have "worked" up an appetite, so we drive into Casa Grande for a late breakfast.  Can you believe that all of this has taken place before 10:30 AM?

Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Saturday.