Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More glories of Spring

Today, our trichocereus looks like this:  the white of the flower is peeking through!100_1832

LoPo (Lori Post) came by and showed me pictures she had just taken in the cactus garden.  Yeah, the Claret Cup Hedgehog is blooming!  I grabbed my camera and we went back to the garden.  It was cloudy, but I still got good pictures.100_1836

I will check on the Bishops Cap tomorrow to see if this little bud is open.  Stay tuned.  Isn't that just the strangest looking cactus.  Do you see the star?100_1837

These are my mystery flowers for today.  They are exactly the same except different colors.  Must ask Toma tomorrow what they are.  Leave a comment if you know.2010 Mar 23 cactus garden

These certainly look out of place in the cactus garden, but they sure are beautiful.  Iris are one of my favorites.100_1840100_1841

Another Claret Cup.100_1842

At this point, we are in Mary Ann and Charlie's cactus garden and this beautiful pot of pink geraniums was on her patio.100_1843Mary Ann didn't know the name of this beauty, but she purchased it at a flea market.  Must check back tomorrow to see these open up.100_1844100_1845

This gorgeous potted plant was on another patio.  I'm not sure, but I think it is a type of begonia.  So pretty.100_1848

Mystery solved by Mary Ann...100_1849

this is LAVENDER, and they smell so heavenly.100_1850

Yellow desert marigolds, purple lavender, pink penstemon.100_1863

And now for the bird part of today's post. 

The mama dove was shy and flew away so, I took a picture of her two eggs.  The white fluffy stuff is just that... cotton from the fields when it was being harvested.100_1852

The gambrel quail was really crowing up in the mesquite tree.  It's rare to catch a picture of them off the ground this far.100_1854

This cactus wren saw me trying to get his picture in the cholla cactus, so he obliged by....100_1855

moving to the top branch and giving me a nice profile shot.  He even fluffed out his feathers for me.100_1856100_1858

Next, we (NoPo, LoPo, Don and I) went over to the Toltec Pizza Hut for dinner.  Got this nice picture of the mountain with the green desert in front.  This landscape just has a peaceful feel to it for me.100_1864

Sunset on the way back to the park.100_1878

Spencer so wants to play with Abigail, the cat, on top of the Mustang, but she's having nothing to do with coming down.

If I had the right kind of imagination, I should be able to write a children's story based on the three pictures below of Mr. Spencer and Miss Abigail.  Spencer is begging Abigail to come play with him, but she is perfectly happy on top of the Mustang.100_1880

Spencer even begs his mom, Linda, to make Abigail play with him.100_1881

Abigail is really thinking about something, but I don't think they are happy thoughts.100_1883

We ended our evening with a game of Spades (yeah girls!).  We sure are going to miss Lori and Norm.  Maybe we can talk them into staying an extra week.

According to Psalm 37:3-6, the Lord can be completely trusted with all your needs.

"Thank Him with praise:
Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday."

No comments: