Thursday, October 29, 2009

Woo the Hoo!... girlfriend time!

("Woo the Hoo" is a phrase I borrowed from sweet Stacie, who just started her blog, My Journey to Becoming a RockStar, because it's fun and I just love it.)

Our eight mile bike ride was postponed until 10:00 this morning because it was about 40 degrees this morning at 8:30. (It was 34 when Don got up.)  I rode over and trimmed the back of T's hair and then we rode. 

At a little after eleven, Nancy and I went to Casa Grande to meet Snookie, Donna and Ginny for lunch at the Creative Cafe, a new experience for Ginny and Snookie. 

Here's Nancy while we are waiting for the other three to arrive.  They kind of, sort of got lost but got to the cafe before noon.  I was experimenting without using the flash inside the cafe.

sweet Nancy ReidSnookie taking a picture of Ginny with a lemon on her fork.  "Are you going to eat that lemon, Ginny?"  (sorry about the back light)darn backlightNancy and Donna.Donna and NancyMy Triple Berry Salad w/ grilled chicken.  Which was delicious with raspberries, blackberries and strawberries and white cheddar cheese.  I also had a cup of hot Veggie Pesto soup that was equally yummy.Triple Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinagrette dressing (mine and Nancy)

Ginny's gyro and Greek salad.Ginny's gyro and greek salad

Donna's and I don't remember what kind of sandwich it was... turkey something and broccoli salad.Donna's

Our very attentive waiter, Anthony....our waiter, Anthonywho was happy to take our picture with all of our cameras.  Thanks Anthony!!QR girls: Donna O'Neil, Nancy Reid, Ginny Dexter, me, Snookie Quinn at Creative Cafe, Casa Grande, AZI just could not leave without getting a picture of Jimmy, famous for the saying on his t-shirt.  Jimmy remembered me (not by name) and even asked how my husband was today.  Such a sweetheart.The famous James at Creative Cafe.We had a great time and apologize to the ladies at the table next to us for being a little loud.  All five of us are full-time RV'ers, which means that we have no real estate back "home" to go home to.  Our home is where we park it, wheel estate.  Snookie and Bob are the only ones who also have a park model at a resort here in Arizona where they spend the winter, but they travel in the summer with their fifth-wheel.  Woo the hoo!!

Thanks to my niece, Tammy, I will be able to watch this week's Biggest Loser show.  It's not posted yet, but it should be soon.  Here's the link if you missed it:

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/categories/season-8/1159355/

I will tell you that Abby goes home this week, at her own insistence, and my Leslie told me that it is an incredible episode... BL really did right by Abby and she is on the road to complete health and as Leslie said, "HOTNESS!"

You go Abby!!  Because of your inspiration, I'm exercising and Stacie is exercising and so many others across this nation.  I know that you are going to be in demand as a motivational speaker.  I am so proud of you!

On a sadder note, our little wandering man, Art, passed away late yesterday.  It's sad, but it's also a blessing that he didn't linger on this earth very long after his body and mind stopped functioning.  Thank you for your prayers for his family.

While Don was walking and visiting this morning, he was told that Roy, a gentleman who sang in the choir with us last winter, died during surgery this week.  We are shocked and saddened.  Please pray for Roy's family, also.

Well, tomorrow Nancy and George leave this park headed to Peoria, AZ to work on a SOWERS (Servants On Wheels Ever Ready) project there.  We have so enjoyed having them here and are sad to see them leave, but we pray the best for them, always.SOWERS

We are so blessed. 

1 comment:

Stacie Gail said...

Girlfriends are so important, aren't they.... I think the older we get -- the more important they are! I love reading your blogs!!!