Friday, October 2, 2009

Fabulous Friday

I am rejoicing to report that I feel so much better today.  Thanks for your prayers, very much.  I still have a lingering cough, but no longer achy.  Maybe just riding my bike for two miles last night helped work out the soreness.

Choir practice was a little "slim" this morning.  Four ladies and one gentleman, plus the director and the pianist.  We're going to be okay.  It was great.  Before practice begin, I read a few scriptures... something that I heard this summer and it was very exciting and I could hardly wait to share it with our choir.  2 Chronicles 20 is a wonderful remembrance of God's love and protection.  Verse 21 is of particular interest to worship leaders:

21 After consulting the people, the king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang:

   “Give thanks to the Lord;
      his faithful love endures forever!”

After practice we went to Target and Fry's (grocery store).  Don found the Hamilton Beach Panini Press on sale for $29!!!  So guess who now has a panini press!?!!  And I've made paninis (is that a word) twice today:  for lunch and plain cheese paninis to go with the OUTSTANDING falling.off.the.bone.ribs that Don made for dinner for us and Rick and Wendy. 

It's a good thing laughter is good for the human race, because we sure did our more than our share of laughing tonight. 

We are so blessed.

No comments: