Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Eight...

The bougainvillea has a flower in a flower.100_3644I'm very bummed that I missed Biggest Loser tonight... and forgot to record it. Abby is gone and I missed one of the best shows.  She is such an inspiration and I can't believe I missed this episode!

Yes, Thelma came at 8:30 this morning and we rode our bikes eight miles.

George and Don started working on a project... steps for the Q that are a little safer for the older folks who come to visit us.  Over in a common area, there are several sets of steps available for anyone who needs them, so they picked out the best set and brought them back here to work on them.  A handrail was needed.  100_3642 So George went to work attaching a hand rail. 100_3646Now, all I need to do is paint the new steps.  Thanks, George.  Your help is greatly appreciated.100_3645

Around noon, the wind has already picked up and the dust is beginning to blow.

This afternoon, Nancy, George, Don and I went over to Quail Run to share a pot luck dinner with Rick, Wendy, Bob and Snookie.  By the time we left, the dust was so thick, the sun was barely visible.dust stormFrom the road, the wind tunnel can still be seen through the dust.  There are no sky divers this afternoon.the wind tunnel in the dust stormThe sun is almost completely blocked by the dust blowing.so much dust we could hardly see the sunThe view over Interstate 10.Interstate10 in the dust stormIt's almost a brown-out.  This is what a desert dust storm looks like.almost a brown outHere's Snookie arriving at the pot-luck with her wonderful potato salad and green bean salad.Snookie arriving at our QR mini reunion Wendy said the pool was drained today for repairs.  Notice how the palms trees are blowing.notice the palm trees blowing in the windThe blessing for the meal has been prayed and it time to eat!  Wendy, Snookie, Nancy, George.Wendy, Snookie, Nancy, George ReidAfter a wonderful meal, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting around telling stories... I think we told about eight stories and we laughed a lot.around the table with stories... eight100_3666100_3667

Bob Quinn telling about riding his bike around Quail Run... 7 1/2 miles.   Bob QuinnSnookie listening to Wendy.SnookieWendy said, "I'm getting really sick of hearing about you riding your bike EIGHT miles EVERYDAY!"100_3672Rick FuryRick.

Donna O'Neil arrives......Donna O'Neil arrivesjust in time to take a group picture.  How funny... there's EIGHT of us!!!!How funny... there's EIGHT of usGeorge and Nancy Reid, Don and me, Snookie and Bob Quinn, Rick and Wendy Fury.  

We had a great time together.  We just love these friends from our first winter in Arizona here at Quail Run, even if they teased me unmercifully tonight.  It seemed that every subject discussed containing a number... well, that number was changed to eight.  You know, I'm beginning to think they don't believe I ride my bike EIGHT miles everyday.  Bob even wanted to know what kind of motor I have on my bike!!! 

We are all so blessed!

~~~~~~~~

>>What is your birth verse?<< Mine is:

2 Corinthians 5:20 NIV
We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey, you should be able to watch Abby on line here: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/categories/season-8/1159355/
I don't think last night's episode is up yet, but it should be soon!

Peggy & Bill said...

I loved the picture of the 8 of you! Just think, I've met 6 of the EIGHT!
Keep riding girl! You should be proud of that number!