Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday is Here

"Building Christian Character" was the title of this morning's sermon.  Text from 2 Peter 1:3-11.  Before the message, Thelma sang "Jesus, Be Jesus in Me" which led right into the topic and she did a beautiful job.  I encourage you to click on the text above and read, with prayer, and be challenged.

We learned in church that Toma and Jim's granddaughter, Hannah, had been in a motorhome wreck yesterday.  A tire blew out and the driver lost control and rolled the coach.  Hannah was scratched up and bruised, but not hospitalized.  Thank You Jesus!  In fact, the driver had a fractured back and that was the worst of the injuries.  Miraculous.

I felt really good today and sang in the choir.  We had more in choir, which was great and we had more in church, which is always good to see.  Here's a shot I took at the end of the service as I met Don at the back door.Sunscape - end of church service 

With George and Nancy, we met Rick and Wendy at Mimi's in Casa Grande for lunch.  I called Snookie but didn't reach her, so left a message for them to meet us, but she didn't get the message in time.  Lunch was fun with friends and the food was really good.

I will insert here the story of Jim and Toma, our newly arrived friends across the street.  They are from Minnesota and big Viking fans.  When we walked out to get in the truck to go to lunch, I heard a football game on a radio and looked over to see Toma sitting in her car listening to the game.  I walked over to ask her why she was listening to the game instead of watching it on TV, as we had just turned it off to go to lunch.  They just had Dish TV installed and they were watching the game and the TV suddenly went black.  She was beside herself, but laughing.  We insisted that they watch the game in the Q while we were gone, so they did.  When we got back, they said our TV was broke, too..... the Vikings lost.

After a restful afternoon, Don and I went for a walk and I grabbed my camera before leaving.  As we neared the pool, I said, "I bet Nancy and George are at the pool."  I wasn't wrong so I sneaked a picture.  I took a zoom up of Nancy, but she wouldn't let me post it, but it really is a better picture of her.   Nancy and George Reid relaxing by the pool

We made our way on down the street to check on Mike and Madeline, who we missed in church this morning.  Madeline is looking at facing hip replacement and she wasn't feel well this morning.  Keep her in your prayers as she goes to the doctor the 30th, Friday.  While sitting on their porch visiting with Mike, I noticed this succulent plant.... 100_3637 with a few tiny blooms.100_3638

Back on our street, we met up with Nancy and George again and Nancy was riding a "new" bike that George just bought her from someone in the park.  It's one that breaks down for shipping.  So, I got my bike and we went for a ride.  Here's Nancy on her new bike.Nancy on her new bikeI have found out that the two miles I thought I had been riding every morning is, in fact, EIGHT miles!!  Starting from the Q on the left of this map, riding up one street and down the next all the way to the right side equals two miles and I ride it four times.  In other words, I ride over and back twice.  I feel so much more healthy now!  Sunscape map

We are so blessed. 

No comments: