Monday, October 12, 2009

Sunday is Here

I made it through church and even sang in the choir before the coughing started.  It seems being outside is just not in my future for a while.

My sweet hubby made very delicious tuna salad sandwiches for lunch while I lay on the couch and coughed.

This afternoon, we had planned to go over to Stanfield, AZ for the dedication of the free medical clinic there, but we didn't go... just Don went.  This upsets me that I didn't feel like going with him, but I also didn't want to spend the afternoon coughing on everyone.

It was a wonderful dedication ceremony with several churches in the area coming together for a common cause.  They have set up a really nice clinic with about five exam rooms.  Don and I will help facilitate the chaplaincy training for them soon.  The doctor and his wife, Dr. Doug and Alice Parkin, who started this free clinic are wonderful Christians and are very excited about the chaplain training.  God continues to put these free clinics together and we are rejoicing in His grace.

We are so blessed.

No comments: