Saturday, October 24, 2009

Slower on Saturday

Don was up at his usual six o'clock, but I slept in. My "conscience" knocked on the door at eight-thirty, but I was still in bed.  And then Peg and Bill knocked on the door to say "good-bye" on their way out of the park and I opened the door with my hair brush in my hand.  Thank the Lord, she did not do to me what I did to Nancy yesterday.... Peg had her camera, but she didn't have it ready and I threatened her life if she turned it on.  Pictures taken by people like Peg, Snookie and I end up on the blogs.  I like this one better that Peg took yesterday and posted on The Traveling Cardinals.3 Don & LaVon

Okay, so now I'm up so I get ready and get on my bike, leaving Don in peace and quiet to study.  Half way through my two miles, Thelma joins me.  She's already ridden eight miles! 

In conversation, Don told George Reid about the great buy he got on a year old small box freezer for the bay of the Q, except we don't have an electrical outlet there.  Well, we do now!  George is happiest when he's helping someone or working, so he and Don went into Casa Grande to get a few needed items and .... voila!

Nancy and George also invited us to dinner at their place tonight.  The food and fellowship was wonderful.  George grilled Cajun seasoned salmon steaks and Nancy prepared a beautiful salad, steamed asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, and for dessert... hot cinnamon apples (that she prepared in a large electric skillet) with French vanilla creamer drizzled over after they were spooned into the individual serving dishes... yummeee.

After dinner we taught Nancy and George the game of Zilch that Joel and Linda Floto taught us last year while we were in Coffeyville, Kansas.  I tried to find the rules for this game online, but to no avail.  Here's how we play this card game, just in case you haven't heard of it.

Four or more may play, but it's best to play with four because you can only use one deck of cards.

First hand, deal one card to each player.  Turn up next card to see what the trump is.

Each person may bid to catch one or zero on that hand.

Next hand, deal two cards to each player, turning up the next card  to determine the trump.

Each person bids the number they think their hand will catch.

Third hand, deal three cards, etc., etc.

When dealing eight cards, no trump is predetermined.  Each player bids what they think they will catch.

Now, start back down, dealing seven cards, etc.

Scoring is 1, 2, 3, etc.  If a player makes their bid, add a zero to their bid, example: a 1 bid becomes the score of +10 if they make their bid.  If they do not make their exact bid, their score is -10 for that hand.

A bid of 0 = +10 if made and -10 if not made.

2 = +20 or -20

etc.

It's a fun, social game.

I received a phone call from a gal here who needs some one-on-one time with us in the near future.  We'll make plans with her tomorrow at church.

Thelma will be singing a special in the morning.  Her songs are always a wonderful time of worship.

We are so blessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As long as (King) David cloaked his sinful secrets, he experienced God’s crushing finger of conviction and his strength evaporated like water in the heat of summer (Ps. 32:3-4).
Give God what He desires most— a broken and repentant heart.

2 comments:

Peggy & Bill said...

Just read your post! We have some of the same pictures - LOL!
Hey, something is wrong with your Casa Grande temperature. It says 0 deg. I'm glad I came farther north to the Valley!!!!
Love Ya!

ttprincess1226 said...

I love the picture of the two of you in the Q. Looking good!