Friday, October 16, 2009

Blessed with Difficulties?

As we continue to ask Jehovah Rophe (God, who heals) to touch my body and as I continue to be confined to the inside of the Q, this devotional truly spoke to me and encouraged me.

Blessed with Difficulties?
from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
Matthew 6:34 - "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself."
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
In the crucible of His wisdom and in the ecology of His grace, God has ordered some trouble for you today and everyday of your life. We’ve been blessed with difficulties. Yes, you read that right — blessed! The worst thing that could happen to us would be not to have any difficulties. If that were the case, we’d never know our need of the Lord. So in essence God says, “I’m going to give you sufficient difficulty for the day.” God gives you enough difficulty to draw you close to Him, but then God gives you enough grace to meet those difficulties every day.
ACTION POINT:
Is there a difficult circumstance in your life? If so, thank God that He’s sending it your way to make you more like Jesus. Now ask for His grace to be victorious through it!

AMEN!

We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

I caught up with the blogs tonight and was sorry to see that you are not feeling well. Hope your medicine works for you real soon. Take care.

Peggy & Bill said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling miserable. I know what you are going through. It's the Spring & the Fall for me. I couldn't wait to get out of the East with all the goldenrod. So far since I left the East coast I've been doing better. Keep up the meds. Will pray for a quick recovery! Hope to stop & see you guys in a week or so.