Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Fiasco

[Update at the end of this blog.]

By 9:00 AM, I was riding my bike.  It's such a beautiful, cool Friday morning.  I stopped to break off the dead roses from my favorite rose bush in the park.I stopped and broke off the old rose blooms Also, here's a picture of the only apparent damage done yesterday morning, excluding water pipe damage.middle of the night damage Today, the saga continues.  After Don's walk, he reported that the elderly gentleman decided to leave the park again, sometime during the night, but this time he left in his car.  Not to worry, he's in Tucson... in jail.  The Tucson police notified his brother this morning.  More on this later in this post.

There's not only purple sage in the Hill Country of Texas, there's purple sage in the desert valley in Arizona.purple sage at SunscapeI'm still waiting for someone to tell me the name of this bush. 100_3562100_3564

A few oleander are still blooming.oleander bloomsThis is our blue sky this morning.  Can you see the moon going down (in a few hours) and the USAF exercising there in the middle of the picture a little to the left?  The moon is a little to the right.the setting moon and the USAF

Bro. GH and Pat arrived back in the park yesterday afternoon, so this morning, he joined Dennis in choir, making us two men!  Also, in the park this year is GH's sister, Carmen, who also joined us in the choir.Bro. GH's sister, Carmen, joins us in choir   

OK, it's 11:25 AM and I returned from choir practice just in time to say good-bye to my husband who was in the car with the elderly gentleman's elderly brother, who doesn't seem to be able to turn his head left or right... and he's driving!  [Reminder to self:  a storm is just another opportunity to trust the Lord and for Him to show Himself mighty on our behalf.]  Okay, I have just noticed that my husband has not eaten anything at all today.  If he doesn't eat lunch, a headache is eminent for him.  I pray they will stop and get a bite to eat.  I would call him, but I don't want to distract the driver in any way, so trust the Lord is just what I will do.  By the way, they are on their way to Tucson, sixty miles away, to pick up the elderly man, in jail, and his car and drive him back.  Dear God, please let Don keep the keys when he gets back.  I know he will have to return them to the brother, at least, but please, not to the elderly man.  Again, I am praying that he hasn't hurt anyone else.  After all, we don't know why the police picked him up.  Maybe they will take his DL away with instruction for his keys not be returned to him.

1:45 PM - Don just called!  You will never guess where he is.  At the Mexico border in the Organ Pipe National Forest/Park, waiting for the police or border patrol to bring that poor gentleman back to them!  And I was right.  Don has not eaten anything.  He said, "I might have a hot dog though, I see a dog walking over there."  Yuk!  Funny man.  So, he doesn't know when he will get back.  When they deliver the "fugitive" to them, they are still a good two hours away.  Stay tuned.

4:00 PM - Don arrived home! Thank the Lord.  He drove the elderly gentleman's car home and GH rode back with the brother and the gentleman.  We have the car and one set of keys.  The police did take his DL and told him he would have to go back to Texas and take an competency exam to get his DL back.  His daughter will be arriving tomorrow from Utah.  Again, thank the Lord.

We are truly blessed.

No comments: