Monday, October 26, 2009

Answered prayers

Monday.  Yeah!  It's a new week and time marches on.  This week and October 2009 will be done... over.

When I entered the living area of the Q this morning, Don was sitting in his recliner, just sitting there, instead of at the table with the laptop.  "Hon, are you okay?"  "No, I'm bummed," was his reply.  And here's the story:

Back in August, Don ordered a "free trial" of Acai capsules for me because the online ad was so convincing... just order a months supply and only pay the shipping.  They were so sure that we would be thrilled that then we would want to order more.  Great idea, huh?  I'll also order using my debit card. By the time our orders caught up with us in Texas, the fifteen days they give you to cancel your order before they start debiting your account was expired.  Not only was there two orders, the two orders consisted of two different products, both totaling $65.  Not only that, we didn't learn about the 15 day limit until I opened the order.  Now the light bulb has come on and we realize we've been scammed.  They supplied the toll free number to cancel the order, so I called on September 14th and canceled both orders, getting cancellation confirmation numbers.   Good, that's taken care of.  We chalked the loss up to a good lesson learned.  Not so fast.  The end of September, we received another order AND $65 x 4 was again taken from our account.  I called them again and this time, customer service was very rude to me.  We refused the shipment and hoped they would refund our money.  October.... this morning, again, $65 x 4 is pending to be taken from our banking account.  No way!!!  And the other was never refunded.  So, after my eight mile bike ride with Thelma, Don's morning walk, and our devotional and prayer time, Don and I headed to Bank of America in Casa Grande.  They were wonderful, placed us in an empty office with the Dispute Department on the phone and that young man took our information and said that because I had the cancellation confirmation numbers and the date, our money would be back in our account tomorrow.  He then canceled both of our debit cards and ordered new ones.  Then we were issued a temporary card until our new cards arrive in the mail.  The CS guy said they have been getting a lot of these complaints and most folks don't even realize that they should call the company to cancel.  He also said, the way the company has their procedures set up is legal, but it is not legal that they are ignoring the cancellation request.  I tell you this story to hopefully, help someone avoid what we've been through.  And, by the way, Acai may be an excellent product, it did not do for me what they promised, if indeed, there truly was acai berry in those capsules.  Who knows, they may be the reason I got sick.  Thank You, Jesus, for answering our prayer regarding the $$ missing from our account and for the folks at the bank being so nice.

After all that, we met Rick and Wendy at the Chinese Buffet for lunch, planned our dinner for tomorrow night and came back home.

Since I now realize how far I'm riding my bike, boy!!, I'm tired!!, so a nap was the order of the afternoon.  Pitiful, isn't it?

Great news from John Long.  Here's John's blog post from last night:  http://thelongs-ontheroad.blogspot.com/2009/10/hospital-report.html 

John, also called today and said Judy may even get to go home today or tomorrow.  Praise our wonderful Lord and Savior!!

We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Peggy & Bill said...

I'm so glad you guys got that mess cleared up! Isn't that frustrating though, especially when we all have to watch that checkbook balance each month!
Hey, you go girl! 8 MILES! We are going to be so healthy at the end of our winter season! Keep it up!

ttprincess1226 said...

Proud of you on that 8 miles. That's terrific! Tell George and Nancy we said hello.