Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why it is important to keep your camera handy...

Fellow blogger, Jody, posted this today: Coke Float Day. A very poignant reminder of how fragile life is.

After reading this, I regretted not taking a picture of my granddaughter as she helped me batter the catfish we had for dinner tonight. Or how she played "hide the thimble" with her great-grand Mama Trudy. Or how she enjoyed her dinner, going back for thirds. Or how she beamed when she told me, "Mama Trudy just measured me and I'm 5'4" tall!" Or how she wanted me to watch as she tried to do the splits... those are some long legs, but guess you'll have to take my word for it. I loved every minute that she was here with us this afternoon. When LaNae picked her up, it was only a few minutes until I received a text from Lydia: "Go look outside."

100_1072So Wendy and I grabbed our cameras and headed out the door.

Your friend and mine was trying to get in the picture or get in the way... I'm not sure which. What do you think? He gets pretty ornery when he's enjoyed a bowl of ice cream.silly goose The rainbow was in the east and at the same time, this was the scene in the west. The cloud with a silver lining?100_1074 Wendy and Rick, thanks for coming over and sharing a meal with us. I needed the company! After dinner, we played two games of Spades (I was having withdrawals.)Guys-2, Girls-0.

Count it all joy. We are so blessed.

Oh, I almost forgot. Mama Trudy's eye doctor was very pleased with her progress today. Thursday we will go from 4 drops 4 times a day to 3 drops 3 times a day and 1 drop 2 times a day.

Don got a call last night and confirmed this morning... he will be preaching again Sunday at the Olivet Baptist Church here in Norman.

God is good, all the time.

Remember to enjoy all your blessings... don't miss a single one and even those you may not consider to be a blessing at the moment.

No comments: