Friday, June 26, 2009

It was a very good day

Hi Snookie.  I sure miss your blog.  I just know there is an incredible dead tree somewhere in Alaska that I need a picture of!

Well, Mama Trudy has had a really good day, pain free from cataract surgery and feeling really good otherwise, too.  She loved the blog post I dedicated to her... made her cry. (I told her that tears might not be good for her eye, as I was wiping mine.)  She got LOTS of phone calls today, lots of birthday wishes on facebook, several birthday cards and a pretty bouquet of flowers from two ladies in the complex here.Mama Trudy's flowers from Pat, next door, and Carmen The zebra card is from Pat, next door, and Carmen, across the street, as are the flowers above. 100_1036

Don stopped by his sister and mother's garden and brought us fresh zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumbers along with some sliced smoked turkey he picked up at Rudy's.  I cooked the squash (yes, you read that right, I cooked), made some potatoes, sliced the cucs and we had a really good lunch.  Mama really enjoyed it.

There is one thing, though.  Mama is bound and determined to have birthday cake and ice cream tomorrow, so LaNae and I are planning a little 'get together' for the afternoon.  It will be fun.

It's now 12:10 AM and she couldn't sleep, so she is up again, sitting in her rocker, reading her Bible.  She had me put the eye protector back on tonight because she's afraid she will rub her eye during the night. [I could not even begin to guess how long she has had this robe.]  Mama just read Ecclesiastes 3 to me.  100_1038  There's a time to be awake and there's a time to go to sleep.  Good night, Mama.  Good night all.  I'm going to bed now with a grateful heart, but missing my Don.

We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

No matter how old a child is, he/she is soothed by his mother's reading. You are indeed a blessed daughter.