Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday's treat is David Petete

We went to the Norman Town and Country Church (formerly the Cowboy Church) this morning.  David Petete was there to lead the singing.  We LOVE David and wish we could get him out to Sunscape for a concert.  He's amazingly gifted and also crazy fun...the righteous David Peteet... and he's powerfully devoted to the Lord. David PeteetPastor Richard, who by the way, is the preacher friend who married Don and I.  Anyway, he preaches from a chair since his accident.  We're praying that soon he will be able to stand again to preach, but it didn't affect his message.  It was good: Ten Things a Church Should Do or Be.  Very good.  If you're looking at the wall behind Richard and the concrete floor, you may be wondering where this church is held.  It's in the activity building at the Norman Rodeo Arena. That doesn't affect the message or ministry that occurs here, either.Richard, preachingThank You, to Richard and Susan for taking us to our favorite Mexican restaurant in the world, Ted's Cafe Escondido. There are five locations in Oklahoma for your dining pleasure.

After our Sunday afternoon nap, Don and I took a stroll around the park's park.  The owners keep this area across the creek and behind the park very manicured.  It's not fenced, but is still a good place to walk the pets or yourself.A-AAA RV Park parkDon found a fishing hole!!  No joke, he saw some fish in here, one was about a foot long.  Now, if he can just get them to mow him a path down to the water's edge a few feet down stream from this picture, he'll be set.Don found a fishing hole in the creek behind our RV parkThese are vetch blooms growing wild here.  Vetch is a favorite cattle forage plant.  Milk cows who eat vetch produce very good milk.VetchWell, look what I found in "our park!"  For any new passers-by, I'm a big fan of dead trees with character.  For me, there is so much symbolism in the tree.  This tree has been trimmed maybe one time too many, but I'm glad they haven't cut it down yet.  Oh Look! There's another dead tree in the background!  I see another picture I will be taking in the next few days and it's not the dead tree in the background.A-AAA RV Park manicured dead treeGod is at work.  I know that was a random statement, but I'm at times just overwhelmed with His love and magnitude.  That the God who created this universe, cares for me and mine, is too big for me to wrap my head around and I love that about Him.  I worship that about Him.  That's what makes HIM GOD.  If all I had to worship was a rock, or myself, or another person, or even a dead tree, what a sad predicament I would be in.  We all need the God who is so much bigger than we can imagine and 'bigger' is such a feeble word when attempting to describe God.  I need the One in control of my life to be so indescribable.  He made me, He saved me and He keeps me.  How do people live outside of this sanctuary that is HIM?  Father, help me to be You to them.

We are SO blessed.

No comments: