Thursday, June 4, 2009

DR MY I

[6/3/2009]

Let's see if I can think of something to tell you today.

Oh, yes.  I locked our only set of keys in the truck today when we went to get our mail.  Don got out to get the mail and I suddenly had the bright idea to go into Alltel next door to talk to them about changing cell-phone companies.  I'm leaving the truck, right?, so I locked the door; took three steps and got this really sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Checked.  Sure enough... there they are hanging in the ignition.  Thank God, Don had his cell phone and he called a local locksmith while we waiting in the Alltel store for an hour.  Forty-five dollars later, we're back in business.

Don stayed at the 'Q' to wait for the RV repairman to come fix our "john" and I spent the afternoon with Mama.  Took her to the post office, the dollar store and the grocery store.  She was threatening to buy herself a car, saying, "I just have places to go and errands to run and when I have my cataract surgery done, I'm gonna buy me a car!"  Hey, she might just do it.  We played a game of Mexican Train (not Don's favorite game, but he's coming around, sort of.)

When I got back to the 'Q' Don had made a steaming pot of chicken bowtie soup.  It's been rainy and cool here most of the day, so the soup really hit the spot.  Thanks again, Hon!

OK, that's about all the excitement we had today.  I pray you did not lock your keys in your vehicle today and I pray you didn't have to call a plumber to fix your "john."

Count it all joy!!!  We are so blessed.

Oh, I almost forgot... the title, 'DR MY I' was a license plate I saw today.  What do you think it meant???

No comments: