Thursday, June 4, 2009

Terrific Thursday

Rain and sunshine bring weeds wild flowers. (Took this this morning... guess I was afraid there wouldn't be anything for me to take a picture of today.)  Don't worry, I don't have the same attraction for weeds that I have for trees. weeds

Today brought a trip to Hancock's Fabrics for Mama Trudy and me.  When we opened the door to leave, we were greeted by her sweet neighbors, about to plant begonias in her flower bed. planting begonias for Ms. Trudy They love Ms. Trudy and we are so thankful for them, especially when we are away, as they check on her, cook meals for her often, take her to the grocery store, and do other acts of kindness for her.  Good neighbor, Pat, is planting begonias for Ms. TrudyWe had fun in Hancock's and accomplished all that Mama had on her list.

On the screen door of the 'Q' was this baby preying mantis today.  I'm not sure if it had something in it's mouth or if this is just a stage in it's development.  It was only about an inch long.

100_0747100_0752

We were sitting outside late this afternoon.  It was so nice out.  I was putting our ladder golf game together and Don was watching the 'traffic' go by, when a pickup stopped at our site.  Finally!! I get to meet a long time friend of Don's from way back... Walt Davis!  We had a great time visiting with Walt and Diana, played a little ladder golf and accepted an invite to dine with them Saturday night.  Walt is also a very good cook.  I apologize for not having any pictures.  My camera was laying right there on the picnic table, but you know how things go and I just got caught up with visiting and forgot.  Saturday, I'll get good pictures.

No comments: