Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday. Fishing.

The glow from the east on the side of Don's and Rick's faces is from the rising sun.000_0015 (That would be coffee in Don's cup.) That would be Rick's fishing hat. That's right, our men went fishing today!  They were pretty excited about that fact.  Doesn't Rick's nice clean truck look good?!?000_0017 Don's buddy, Wayne, has a bass boat and they all went to Lake Murray.  Rick caught one.  Don got a snag but missed it.  Wayne caught one.  I think the most excited Don got all day was when he looked at his phone while out in the middle of the lake and saw FIVE bars.  He was so excited, he called me.  Wendy and I were in Wal-Mart and Don tried to convince me that he and Wayne had thrown Rick overboard because he was the only one who had caught anything at that time.  Oh, yes, Don said he caught a rope, but Rick made him throw it back in because he didn't want to 'skin' it.  I think they had a good time.  Yep, they had a really good time.

Meantime, Wendy and I loaded up and went to Mama Trudy's for a 'spa day.'  We gave each other a pedicure, complete with foot soaking... you know, the works.  It was great.  I would have pictures, but forgot the card... left it in my laptop and the memory in the camera is full.  But I'm home now, so see my pretty feet!  No?  Ok, skip the picture. 100_0985

Wendy and I enjoyed a chicken taco salad at Tulio's and our girl-time-day at Mama Trudy's and then came back to the park.  The guys beat us home.  My man went fishin' and 'caught' some sun!!! 

So now we're watching the college world series and Don't Forget Those Lyrics... one of my favorite shows.  When the contestant picks the song they are going to guess the lyrics to, I quickly put in a Google search for the lyrics so I will know if they are choosing correctly.  Does that make it an interactive game?

That's our Friday.  How was yours?

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Yea, you got your pictures to upload. I did forget to get a picture of your feet when we were done. Sorry, but you did a great job of taking the picture. LOL!!! We did have a great time and hope the guys go fishing again real soon. Was Don as tired as Rick? See you tomorrow.